Author Topic: Super Combo Theater Mode  (Read 15631 times)

spandan888

SUPER Combo Theater Mode

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 11:59:17 PM by spandan888
8) Get the BIGradientz Theater Mode.  8)

phred

• Global Moderator
Very nice. My only suggestion is to reduce the size of the clock. It really shouldn't be larger than the album/track info that's above the artwork. Either that or provide an option to not show it at all.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Very nice. My only suggestion is to reduce the size of the clock. It really shouldn't be larger than the album/track info that's above the artwork. Either that or provide an option to not show it at all.

Thanks.

@spandan888
Yes!, that's another great TM jobby.

@phred
As constant and long time user of Theatre Mode's (in it's original concept, to be able to view on a large screen from several meters away), then larger text is a must, but then all the text would need to be larger?
Furthermore, there would be no need for the onscreen "Player Controls" as those functions can be provided by the Android Remote Plugin...
https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/75/musicbee-remote-plugin/

What say you all??  :o

Regards: Freddy

phred

• Global Moderator
As constant and long time user of Theatre Mode's (in it's original concept, to be able to view on a large screen from several meters away), then larger text is a must, but then all the text would need to be larger?
Furthermore, there would be no need for the onscreen "Player Controls" as those functions can be provided by the Android Remote Plugin...
I don't disagree about the use of TMs from a distance. If that's the case, then my question remains. Why is the clock so much bigger than the data that really matters? Like the track and artist info.

Bottom line here is that I'm not a big user of TMs and tried this one because it looked nice - especially when full-screen. I was simply making an observational suggestion.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I don't disagree about the use of TMs from a distance. If that's the case, then my question remains. Why is the clock so much bigger than the data that really matters? Like the track and artist info.

Bottom line here is that I'm not a big user of TMs and tried this one because it looked nice - especially when full-screen. I was simply making an observational suggestion.

Thanks for your obs @phred, and I  fully concur...
TM seems to have fallen out of fashion. There use to be lots of nice designs...

ObiBenBinomi

Hi there,

I really like looks of your work, but sadly I cannot get it to work properly. I downloaded the .xml file and installed it via Musicbee "add skin". I can now choose the skin, but its layout is completely broken (see screenshot). Any idea on how to fix this?

I am using Musicbee 3.3.7165 P and an ultra wide monitor running at 3440x1440 pixels.

Best regards

boroda

ObiBenBinomi

its not a skin. its theater mode.
I know it's theatre mode, but when I navigate to "View" -> "Theatre Mode" it says "Add Skin".

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I know it's theatre mode, but when I navigate to "View" -> "Theatre Mode" it says "Add Skin".

Did you copy the .xml file to folder \MusicBee\Plugins\TheatreMode.List\ ?

Freddy

ObiBenBinomi

Freddy

At first, I used the "Add skin" button as mentioned. Musicbee automatically put the file in <musicbeeinstallation>\Plugins\TheatreMode.List\. I also tried to copy the file there manually in case something went wrong during import, but that didn't help either.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

Freddy

At first, I used the "Add skin" button as mentioned. Musicbee automatically put the file in <musicbeeinstallation>\Plugins\TheatreMode.List\. I also tried to copy the file there manually in case something went wrong during import, but that didn't help either.

Maybe it's because you're using such a high res monitor - this Theatre Mode works fine for me on 1920 x 1080 screen, perhaps you could try one of the older and known to work ok Thatre Mode designs and see what they look like!
Freddy

ObiBenBinomi

Freddy

Maybe it's because you're using such a high res monitor - this Theatre Mode works fine for me on 1920 x 1080 screen, perhaps you could try one of the older and known to work ok Thatre Mode designs and see what they look like!
Freddy

Thought about that too. I tried every Theatre Mode Skin that comes with Musicbee, all work fine. I also tried a resolution that's not 21:9 (went down to 2560x1440 which is 16:9)... still not getting better. I'm really running out of ideas here.

Well, maybe I have to stick with another Theatre Mode Skin. Just curious if anybody had the same problem.

Thank you all for your help!

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Thought about that too. I tried every Theatre Mode Skin that comes with Musicbee, all work fine. I also tried a resolution that's not 21:9 (went down to 2560x1440 which is 16:9)... still not getting better. I'm really running out of ideas here.

Well, maybe I have to stick with another Theatre Mode Skin. Just curious if anybody had the same problem.

Thank you all for your help!

Don't give up just yet!

If you're really keen on a particular Theatre Mode, you can, (fairly easily), move the positions of the elements by editing the XML code by using just Notepad. Any help you may require with this should be available on the MB Theatre Mode Forums..
Freddy

ObiBenBinomi

Don't give up just yet!

If you're really keen on a particular Theatre Mode, you can, (fairly easily), move the positions of the elements by editing the XML code by using just Notepad. Any help you may require with this should be available on the MB Theatre Mode Forums..
Freddy

I may try that sometime in the future, when I find the time to do so. I just hoped someone my have a clue why this particular skin doesn't work correctly. :)

Thanks a lot, your help is greatly appreciated!

spandan888

sorry i might have made mistakes in my coding, and thus you saw such results....
didnot have time to correct it
8) Get the BIGradientz Theater Mode.  8)