Author Topic: "Unknown error" starting 14/9/19 - MB Version 3.3.7165  (Read 1376 times)

ParaGnosis

Hey folks,

I've just opened Musicbee this morning and it just started giving me the error message below for some unknown reason.

I believe it might have something to do with "Auto Rate" function that I recently started using but I'm not sure. I set it to "Auto rate on startup" but I'm 100% sure if that's the issue or not.

If anyone has any ideas then I'd be very grateful for your suggestions!  :)

The error message

MusicBee v3.3.7165.34193 (Win10.0), 14 Sep 2019 14:35:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zsXh0R4CCpT7pZBgoKRmcG3k=.#=zSOyut3sNWdOy.OnKeyPress(KeyPressEventArgs #=zJ7PPolo=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=zo$0d9RrNwxLojWhT74tUVMU=.WndProc(Message& #=zcoS3AB0=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
I am uncertain whether you are saying this error is happening regularily - if thats the case can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
The error dump you sent actually relates to pressing a key in the thumb browser panel and the only way i can see that happening is if its still loading. I have put in handling for that in the next v3.3 update

ParaGnosis

Hi Steven, the error isn't happening regularly but only started today. Turning off "auto rate on startup" seems to have fixed the issue though so if the error message I posted isn't anything serious then I'm all happy and sorted!  :D

Steven

• Administrator

ParaGnosis

Oh yeah, you're right, it's the "additional tagging tools" plugin. I forgot that it wasn't native to MB. My apologies. HAha.

Steven

• Administrator
if you want to switch the setting back on then try this version of MB:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files