Author Topic: How can I save lyrics into file as UNsynced?  (Read 3244 times)

tralph3

Basically, title. I discovered you can add the timestamps for synchronized lyrics with Music Bee, I've been using an externall app all this time. Thing is, when I want to save the lyrics to embed them, they are saved as "synchronized lyrics" (logically). However, I would like for it to save them as "unsynchronized lyrics" because that way there's a lot more music players that recognize them and can use them accordingly (Phonograph comes to mind). I can manually move the lyrics from synced to unsynced but it would be easier if I could configure it to automatically save it into unsynced. Thanks.

phred

• Global Moderator
You have to download unsynced lyrics. Synched lyrics typically have a .lrc extension while unsynced lyrics typically have a .txt extension.

Or you can use a text editor and remove the time-stamps from what you've downloaded. A much more tedious task than simply finding lyrics that are unsynced.
Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:53:26 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tralph3

You have to download unsynced lyrics. Synched lyrics typically have a .lyc extertension while unsynced lyrics typically have a .txt extension.

Or you can use a text editor and remove the time-stamps from what you've downloaded. A much more tedious task than simply finding lyrics that are unsynced.

I don't find any lyrics, I manually add them and sync them myself. Imagine having to find synced lyrics online only for them to be out of sync for that extra 1 second of silence at the beggining at the track that they have but you don't. I want them to be synced, but storing them in the synced lyrics field or the unsynced lyrics field yields the same result. As long as the timestamps are there, Music Bee recognizes them as synced and displays them as such. The problem is that if they are stored in the synced lyrics field, they are not recognized by other players while the unsynced field does. So, I want them to be stored by default in the unsynced lyrics field (while retaining the stamps) when I press the "embed to file" button.

phred

• Global Moderator
The only site I'm aware of that has synced lyrics is Mini-Lyrics. For which a MB plugin exists.

I don't use synced lyrics, so this is only a guess... If you put lyrics with time-stamps in the unsynced tab, they will (might) be treated as unsynced. You'd have to remove the time stamps. In the synced lyrics tab you have to have the time-stamps. But I don't know how you can tell MB which to use when embedding.

If your other players don't recognize time-stamped lyrics, you're going to have to make a choice which you want to use. MB can't embed one and sync the other.
Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:51:27 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
You could use Mp3tag (or probably the Advanced Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin) to quickly copy the values from the SYNCHRONISEDLYRICS tag to the LYRICS tag.
Bee excellent to each other...

tralph3

I think you guys aren't exaclty understanding the problem here. I'm not having an issue with retrieving lyrics, I manually sync the lyrics to my music files because the ones you can get on the internet have some words off, have grammar mistakes, do not follow the patterns, they are off by some time, and are overall a mess that's easier to redo than to fix.

I manually write the lyrics for the music as I listen to it and once I'm finished formatting it and I'm happy with it, I listed to the song again and use "CTRL + T" to add a timestamp on each line to let Music Bee know when to highlight the line. This is the process I use to create the lyrics. Then, I embed the result into the file, but Music Bee stores it in the synchronized lyrics tab by default as it correctly detects that the lyrics have timestamps, so they must be synced. This is the problem I'm trying to fix, when the lyrics are stored there, they are not detected by other music players, but when they are stored in the unsynchronized lyrics tab, WITH THE TIMESTAMPS they are detected by Music Bee and by other players (such as Phonograph for Android) as synchronized lyrics regardless, and they are displayed and highlighted as such.

What I do now, is simply cut the lyrics from the synchronized lyrics tab and paste them into the unsyncrhonized lyrics tab. This is a 10 second workaround, but an option to have them stored as unsyncrhonized WITH THE TIMESTAMPS would be easier.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Check the priority for your lyrics in the other players.
Unsynched lyrics are stored in .txt files and synched ones are stored in .lrc files.
The player must be preferencing unsynched over synched.

I know in Musicolet I had to give .lrc files priority if both .txt and .lrc files existed.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think you guys aren't exaclty understanding the problem here.

What I do now, is simply cut the lyrics from the synchronized lyrics tab and paste them into the unsyncrhonized lyrics tab. This is a 10 second workaround, but an option to have them stored as unsyncrhonized WITH THE TIMESTAMPS would be easier.
I understand what you're doing now, and offered a way to do it automatically in a few seconds for as many tracks at a time as you like.

I don't think your request will be implemented, because it's opposite to how every other user would expect it to work. Sometimes you just have to settle for the easiest workaround.
Bee excellent to each other...

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I think you guys aren't exaclty understanding the problem here.

This isn't a fix but a sort of work-around and maybe worth your while trying..
MB sees lyrics as unsynced IF any of the [  ]  brackets around the album artist or album name are MISSING!

I'm not in a place to try it out for you right now, but I'm sure that this is the case!
Freddy

tralph3

MB sees lyrics as unsynced IF any of the [  ]  brackets around the album artist or album name are MISSING!

I'm not in a place to try it out for you right now, but I'm sure that this is the case!
Freddy

What do you mean with this? In the lyrics tag there's only lyrics, there's no field for artist or album name.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
MB sees lyrics as unsynced IF any of the [  ]  brackets around the album artist or album name are MISSING!
Freddy

What do you mean with this? In the lyrics tag there's only lyrics, there's no field for artist or album name.

If you look at one of your embedded LRC synced lyrics in the tracks Lyrics tag, the first lines of text is normaly something like:-

[ti: Nothing Else Matters]
[al: Metallica]
[by: Freddy]
[offset:-3000]

[00:00:00]

MB will see this as synched and treat as such - if one bracket is removed, it will be treated as unsynched..

[al: Metallica

Try it and see if the results are as expected!
Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:21:43 AM by Freddy Barker