Author Topic: Syncing from MusicBee to phone for first time in a year, nothing works  (Read 2456 times)

Bacchus

I haven't changed the locations of ANY music files, playlists, nothing on my phone has changed. I've been away from home for a while now, and wanted to update my phone's sync with MusicBee so I could go back to syncing things to it the way I have in the past.
However when I try, MusicBee tells me "The storage folder 'Samsung-SM-G930V\Card\' no longer exists" although I am 100% certain I didn't move anything on my phone this entire time. I want to go back to syncing things the exact same way I have been in the past without wiping everything and starting over. Is this possible?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I haven't changed the locations of ANY music files, playlists, nothing on my phone has changed. I've been away from home for a while now, and wanted to update my phone's sync with MusicBee so I could go back to syncing things to it the way I have in the past.
However when I try, MusicBee tells me "The storage folder 'Samsung-SM-G930V\Card\' no longer exists" although I am 100% certain I didn't move anything on my phone this entire time. I want to go back to syncing things the exact same way I have been in the past without wiping everything and starting over. Is this possible?

Unless you get better advice from other Forum members, allow me to suggest that:-
it would probably best to start over with a Preferences > Devices > Configure, then doing a cable sync as there has been a LOT of changes to the Sync to Android functionality in the past year, including the addition of Wifi syncing.
Freddy

phred

• Global Moderator
As Freddy says, Steven has done quite a bit of work around Android syncing, especially with respect to syncing by WiFi. You don't say what version of MB you're using, so that would be the first step. Download 3.3 from the first forum topic and then patch to the latest. See my sig for that.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bacchus

Unless you get better advice from other Forum members, allow me to suggest that:-
it would probably best to start over with a Preferences > Devices > Configure, then doing a cable sync as there has been a LOT of changes to the Sync to Android functionality in the past year, including the addition of Wifi syncing.
Freddy
This has worked, for the most part, and thank you for your help on it! My problem now is that my playlists are no longer syncing. My phone keeps updating with old versions of my playlists (I gave them all new names to tell if it was syncing correctly) and none of the newly named playlists are coming in after completely resyncing my phone to the new MB version. All the audio files are coming through perfectly.. Any ideas why this might be?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
This has worked, for the most part, and thank you for your help on it! My problem now is that my playlists are no longer syncing. My phone keeps updating with old versions of my playlists (I gave them all new names to tell if it was syncing correctly) and none of the newly named playlists are coming in after completely resyncing my phone to the new MB version. All the audio files are coming through perfectly.. Any ideas why this might be?

Glad you're almost sorted!
Sometimes, the playlists end up in "Internal Storage" and get missed by the Android Music Player.  :-X

There appears to be some small annoying differences in versions of Android and also with different devices.
I recently changed over from Samsung Galaxy to Honor and had to re-tweak my settings thus:-

Media storage: storage path: [Honor 8\SD Card\]
• Radio Button check "preserve folders and filenames"

Playlist storage: playlist path: [Honor 8\SD Card\Playlists\]
• Save as format: [M3U]
• ☑ use relative paths

Do a PREVIEW before a SYNCHRONISE to see what will / may get changed..

Regards: Freddy

Bacchus

Glad you're almost sorted!
Sometimes, the playlists end up in "Internal Storage" and get missed by the Android Music Player.  :-X

There appears to be some small annoying differences in versions of Android and also with different devices.
I recently changed over from Samsung Galaxy to Honor and had to re-tweak my settings thus:-

Media storage: storage path: [Honor 8\SD Card\]
• Radio Button check "preserve folders and filenames"

Playlist storage: playlist path: [Honor 8\SD Card\Playlists\]
• Save as format: [M3U]
• ☑ use relative paths

Do a PREVIEW before a SYNCHRONISE to see what will / may get changed..

Regards: Freddy

Everything's worked! I'm all synced up and back in the MB game! Thanks a bunch for all of your help.