Author Topic: Horizontal scrolling doesn't work and/or produces visual bug  (Read 4025 times)

hentrop

Hi. I have a mouse with a horizontal scroll wheel (Logitech MX Master). Using it to scroll horizontally works fine in most programs, but in MusicBee it doesn't work. When trying to scroll the main window area horizontally (when the columns are wider than the panel), it doesn't do anything. I've tried it on 3 different computers, and it doesn't scroll horizontally at all on any of them, including a computer that has a fresh install of MusicBee.

On one of the computers, horizontal scrolling produces a visual bug. If my current view of the main panel area is all the way to the left, and then I try scrolling horizontally to the left, it produces what you see in the screenshot. I've been using MusicBee for about a year now, and this has happened with every version of MusicBee that I've used in that time, and every configuration of view panels I've had in MusicBee.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/J5O7shQ

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce the visual bug. Could you send me a link to your settings file from that computer (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
I wasnt able to reproduce any issues. Are you happy to run a debug version?

hentrop

Steven

• Administrator
I think I know what the issue is so I will make a change in the next day or so, but I will need you to test it as I dont have the right type of mouse

Steven

• Administrator

hentrop

That was quick! Unfortunately it's still doing the same thing: visual bug, plus no actual horizontal scrolling happening.

Steven

• Administrator
could you run this debug version:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xwmggr3l6n6evdt/MusicBeeDebugHScroll.zip/file
unzip and replace musicbee.exe

on doing a horizontal scroll action, can you open the error log (help/ support/ view error log) and send me the new info at the end of the log

hentrop

I did it 4 different times, and got these 4 results:

19-09-11 4:24:21 PM - True,True,lparam=44436060,rparam=7864320,-4
19-09-11 4:26:15 PM - True,True,lparam=43780689,rparam=7864320,-4
19-09-11 4:33:17 PM - True,True,lparam=46533173,rparam=7864320,-4
19-09-11 4:36:05 PM - True,True,lparam=32115272,rparam=7864320,-4

Steven

• Administrator
iit may be the case that the direction is incorrect handled. Could you try scrolling the opposite direction to what it should be

edit:
this version reverses the direction for the horizontal scrolling
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:51:17 PM by Steven

hentrop

With that latest version you have linked, nothing shows up in the error log when I scroll horizontally. In the version from Sep 11, scrolling in the opposite direction (trying to go to the right) gives me:

19-09-12 7:18:26 PM - True,True,lparam=46205429,rparam=-7864320,4
19-09-12 7:18:45 PM - True,True,lparam=53742107,rparam=-7864320,4

Sorry, I didn't notice this until now, but with the app versions you have linked in this thread, scrolling to the right now produces the same kind of visual bug as scrolling to the left. It gives me what you see in this screenshot: https://imgur.com/siXAIAq . In the previous version of the app that I was using when I started this thread (3.2.6902... I know, a bit old, but I was sticking with it due to an issue I had found at one point with syncing to an iPod when using a newer version), scrolling to the left produced the visual bug, but scrolling to the right didn't do anything at all

And yes, it does seem to be scrolling the opposite way of what other programs do.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
I have been assuming that dragging the horizontal scrollbar works fine - is that the case?