Author Topic: Highlight the same tag area within tag editor  (Read 4199 times)

arbor_mute

I am afraid whether I would be able to articulate this well enough:

In case of iTunes, the tag editor highlights the same item even though I press previous/next song button.

However, in MB, when I press the previous or next song button, the cursor just disappears

and I have to click the tag area again, which slows my process.

I wish this would be fixed in the next version

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

In case of iTunes, the tag editor highlights the same item even though I press previous/next song button.

However, in MB, when I press the previous or next song button, the cursor just disappears

What version of MusicBee are you using?? (Menu > Help > About)

I just tried what I think you meant and all working as expected for me!

Freddy

arbor_mute

What version of MusicBee are you using?? (Menu > Help > About)

I just tried what I think you meant and all working as expected for me!

Freddy

Hi freddy

I am currently using 3.3.7115, portable version on possibly latest version of Windows 10

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Hi freddy
I am currently using 3.3.7115, portable version on possibly latest version of Windows 10

MusicBee has be upgraded at least 70 times since the version you're using, so it would be beneficial for you to try this recent patch...

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

Unzip and replace the existing MusicBee files..

Freddy
Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:32:47 PM by Freddy Barker

arbor_mute

MusicBee has be upgraded at least 70 times since the version you're using, so it would be beneficial for you to try this recent patch...

Freddy

Thanks for your help.

But unfortunately the update did not change anything for me :(

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

Freddy

Thanks for your help.

But unfortunately the update did not change anything for me :(

You do mean this edit panel?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/musicbee/images/e/ee/Edit_-_Properties.png/revision/latest?cb=20160313233120

Ok I tried it again here and it works just fine..

What TAB in the TAG editor is it that is losing focus to the text box or cursor?

Properties, Tags, Tags (2), Artwork, Lyrics, Settings or all of them?

Of course we could be tottaly misunderstanding what your issue is, so if it still persists, then more information or a screenshot from you would be useful..

Freddy

arbor_mute

You do mean this edit panel?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/musicbee/images/e/ee/Edit_-_Properties.png/revision/latest?cb=20160313233120

Ok I tried it again here and it works just fine..

What TAB in the TAG editor is it that is losing focus to the text box or cursor?

Properties, Tags, Tags (2), Artwork, Lyrics, Settings or all of them?

Of course we could be tottaly misunderstanding what your issue is, so if it still persists, then more information or a screenshot from you would be useful..

Freddy

Okay, actually I was talking about the tag editor embedded in the main screen, not as a popup window.

Would you please test this ?

Thanks a ton

Zak

• Global Moderator
Hi freddy

Que? There's only one newer version since 3.3.7115...

Okay, actually I was talking about the tag editor embedded in the main screen, not as a popup window.

Tested here, with the issue OP is reporting. Moving between files with a docked Editor window, you have to click back into it each time.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator

I cannot reproduce this behaviour. Can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

arbor_mute

arbor_mute

I cannot reproduce this behaviour. Can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16R5AgoOJNFg871TzYyeCRD72G3-GRv3b

Here is the screen recording

Steven

• Administrator

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Tested here, with the issue OP is reporting. Moving between files with a docked Editor window, you have to click back into it each time.

Test by request..Confirmed 'bug'
Open Track Editor (Shift+Enter) - Works ok. ㋡

Switch view to Horizontal Edit Panel via "Show in Main Panel" button,  Click on Tag TAB, Focus DOES NOT stay within text box after selecting "Next" or "Previous Track" using the arrows. ☹

arbor_mute

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Que? There's only one newer version since 3.3.7115...

Currently, for me, Help > About shows: 3.3.7175 P  -  is that not, at least in part, the Version number?  ???
Files > Properties > Details shows 3.3.7175.30239 (24-08-2019 @ 16:59).
Freddy
Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:25:09 PM by Freddy Barker