Author Topic: How to remove bracketed Artist name next to songs  (Read 5126 times)

natkingcole

Hi! If you're like me and you have different values in the "Artist" and "Album artist" fields as a result of compilations, collaborations, differing artist names etc..., you've probably been a tad irritated by the bracketed artist names that appear next to each song where the values differ. After a decent amount of tinkering, I've found a solution, albeit one that might not be for everybody.

So, the first thing to do is to move the artist name underneath the track. Go to main panel -> customize panel -> "show settings" next to "directly under the selected album" -> select "Artist" as the field displayed beneath "title". Next, download the "Adobe Blank" font, a TTF version is fairly easy to find for free. When that's downloaded, change the font of the artist field to Adobe Blank at the smallest size possible. The artist field should now be entirely invisible!

In my library, Jesu's artist is Justin Broadrick while its album artist is Jesu. With this fix, the artist field is reduced to little more than an empty space underneath each track. Some people could find this fix a bit irritating, but I believe it to be a massive improvement. Hope this helps to anybody that has this same issue!

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using v3.3.7165+ another alternative is to Set the 2nd line of the fields displayed to "Artist". The artist will only be displayed on the 2nd line if it differs to the album artist and is the same behaviour as v3.2

Yo

if you are using v3.3.7165+ another alternative is to Set the 2nd line of the fields displayed to "Artist". The artist will only be displayed on the 2nd line if it differs to the album artist and is the same behaviour as v3.2

I'm on version v3.3.7.165 and when i do the method you specified, it appears me like this:

Even when the album artist and the artist are the same, not good

Steven

• Administrator

Yo

Even when the album artist and the artist are the same, not good
thats exactly as intended
Is that so? because, i don't really like every song in the album having the artist unnecessarily subtitled under them (this is a problem for a big album with a few or a single song(s) that features other artist(s)) plus, i remember older versions of musicbee behaving exactly like i mention

the3hrd

Go to main panel -> customize panel -> "show settings" next to "directly under the selected album" -> select "Artist" as the field displayed beneath "title".

This is where I lose you. Under the "Custom panel", I don't see anything for "Show Setting" and nothing relating to the artist field.

Does anyone have any other advice? Just downloaded MusicBee and I love it but having the bracket artist next to the title is killing me!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is where I lose you. Under the "Custom panel", I don't see anything for "Show Setting" and nothing relating to the artist field.

Does anyone have any other advice? Just downloaded MusicBee and I love it but having the bracket artist next to the title is killing me!

A screenshot of what you're seeing would help us know if you're looking at the right settings
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

the3hrd

Sorry, that probably would be helpful. \

Here's the link

Here are the pictures:

Highlighted is what I am trying to remove

Here is the file path to the "customize panel"

This is what I see

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think that setting refers specifically to the Albums view, not the Album & Tracks view. Maybe it should apply to both, but that would be a separate feature request.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)