Author Topic: 'Preserve folders and filenames' syncing option acting weird.  (Read 2285 times)

viktorrko

Hello,
I want to sync my music library with my Honor 10 using MB. My music library is located at 'C:/Users/vecto/Music'. the root folder of this path contains "unsorted" songs, which are songs I randomly downloaded, or singles that aren't featured on any album. Then there is a folder with Playlists, and a folder 'Albums & Folders'. In this folder I have my complete albums in their corresponding folder.

I'd like to sync exactly this folder structure to my phone. The path to my music libary in my phone is 'COL-L29/Internal Storage/Music'.

After syncing though, my "unsorted" files get copied to this location:
'COL-L29/Internal Storage/Music/Users/vecto/Music'

and my album folders from 'Albums & Folders' get copied to this path:
'COL-L29/Internal Storage/Music' [no 'Albums & Folders' folder was created].

It's kind of weird to me. Maybe it's just my bad folder structure that's causing this problem? I stumbled onto similiar problems on this forum, but all came to a dead end.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Hello,
I want to sync my music library with my Honor 10 using MB. My music library is located at 'C:/Users/vecto/Music'. the root folder of this path contains "unsorted" songs, which are songs I randomly downloaded, or singles that aren't featured on any album. Then there is a folder with Playlists, and a folder 'Albums & Folders'. In this folder I have my complete albums in their corresponding folder.

I'd like to sync exactly this folder structure to my phone. The path to my music libary in my phone is 'COL-L29/Internal Storage/Music'.

After syncing though, my "unsorted" files get copied to this location:
'COL-L29/Internal Storage/Music/Users/vecto/Music'

and my album folders from 'Albums & Folders' get copied to this path:
'COL-L29/Internal Storage/Music' [no 'Albums & Folders' folder was created].

It's kind of weird to me. Maybe it's just my bad folder structure that's causing this problem? I stumbled onto similiar problems on this forum, but all came to a dead end.

For simplicity, this is a basic setup that works ok... 
You'll soon fill up your internal memory and possibly confuse the hell out of the Android music player  ???

Menu > Preferences > Devices > Honor 10 > Configuration > Settings

Synchronise playlists > select playlist only > ☑ TEST
Tick the playlist(s) [that include all the tracks from your mish-mash of folder structure, i.e. TEST]

media storage: storage path: [Honor 10\SD Card]
preserve folders and filenames

playlist storage: playlist path:[Honor 10\SD Card\Playlists]

Freddy

Steven

• Administrator
If you do a forum search I have covered this before. In summary its not going to work for everyone but i cant address the issues and also wont remove this functionality