Author Topic: Missing Tracks  (Read 5108 times)

The Gent

OK, getting ready to leave for the evening. I'll shoot you a screen shot of the main library when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks
Will

The Gent

OK, a cap of the full main library screen has been added to that page. Use the same link.

Will

captain_paranoia

I might suggest using 'Album Artist' rather than 'Artist' when trying to see what album tracks have been imported. Tracks on an album can be tagged with different artists. This is especially true with compilation albums. If you enable the display of some other tags in your main view, it may help you figure the problem; you have very few tags displayed.

Or you may have tracks tagged with 'Lynard Skynard', and others tagged with 'Lynyrd Skynyrd'...

I also notice that you seem to have three 'Music' tabs open.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Your new screenshot shows that you have the Music folder on your drive selected, rather than the actual library, which is the Music node with the notes next to it at the top of the left sidebar.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

The Gent

Did you see the new graphic I uploaded? It is of the Main Library full screen.

Thanks
Will

The Gent

Skip that last post, I didn't see page 2 at first.

phred

• Global Moderator
OK, a cap of the full main library screen has been added to that page. Use the same link.
A suggestion: when adding a new screen shot please don't add it to a previous repjly. Just insert it in a new repjly. They way you did it forces us to go back a page to look for it. Even simply repeating the link in the new reply would be better.

The same would go for adding new information to a post. Rather than editing the original post, add the new info to a new reply. Edited posts are often missed by those who have been following the thread from the beginning.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So, what happens if you look for this stuff in your actual music library instead of looking in the computer section?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

The Gent

When looking for the tracks in MBs library, I get 6 of the Alabama songs and 5 of the Alan Jackson songs. This pattern is repeated with many artists, especially those tracks that were uploaded from a CD. I don't seem to have the problem with tracks that I recorded myself.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can we get a screenshot of that? Where you have the Music node selected instead of a computer folder?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

The Gent

OK, here's the link for the page:

https://chunder.weebly.com/private-access.html

I have put new caps on the page. One shows the tracks in question as they appear on the computer. The next one show them as they appear on the MB Library.

As you can see, there are vast differences. What is wrong in my settings that is causing this?

Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I guess the first one is the contents of your Music folder and not any sub folders? Part of the difference may be that in MusicBee it's also showing the contents of subfolders.

But the second one still has the Music folder selected in MusicBee and not your library, which is at the TOP of the left panel, with the music notes next to it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

The Gent

OK, I see what you're saying now, but switching to that still gives me only 14 Alan Jackson (should be 18) and 5 Alabama (should be 10). These are the two artists I am focusing on right now, I'm sure there are probably more, but once we figure out the problem, I can fix any others I find, using the solution.

Thanks
Will

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Gotta admit, this is a puzzling problem and I want to get to the bottom of it now just for my own understanding. I can think of things that would affect the computer view and things that would affect the library view, but nothing's coming to mind that would affect both.

These are long shots but could provide useful info:

You may have done this already, but does it help if you remove the problem tracks from MusicBee and rescan them?

What happens if you use a thumbnail or column browser to filter those artists in the library?

Try making sure your computer node is set to display subfolders and see if they turn up there and/or display Path in your search results to see what MusicBee thinks the file path is for the missing files.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)