Author Topic: Missing Tracks  (Read 5656 times)

The Gent

As I am going through my music, I am finding missing tracks in the library. The tracks are on the computer and can be located in MusicBee when you specifically look for them, but in just clicking on the library and playing from it, I notice in the Artist alphabetical listing that where there should be 10 songs from an artist, there are only 8 listed or there should be 20 but there are only 11 showing. :-\

How do I correct this so all songs that are on the computer will be registered in the library and be available to play?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would start by checking the Inbox for your missing files. If you can find them with a search, they are there somewhere. Another possibility is that they are tagged with featured artists and so the artist tag doesn't match exactly. You can probably solve this with the multiple artist splitter.

If those two ideas don't help, a screenshot would give us more information to go on: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29488.0
Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 05:14:23 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

The Gent

Ok, obviously I have not solved this problem, so reviewing my earlier post will not help. Also I cannot locate the Inbox. I know it's there somewhere because on the rare occasion I do find a duplicate (remember I use an outside program to manage duplicates), it asks me if I want to delete or move to the Inbox.

How does MusicBee handle dups? Would being in the inbox prevent a duplicate manager from finding them?

Thanks,
Will

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This might help you find the inbox: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Navigator
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

The Gent

Ok, thanks. I found the Inbox but none of the missing tracks are in it and everything that is, is marked as a dup. Now what?

Will

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do a search for the files and display the Category column in the main panel when they show up in your search. What does it say?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

The Gent

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That means they ARE in your library.  See what happens if you select all the tracks from an artist, then look at the artist values with the tag inspector. Do they all have the same value? (Posting a screenshot could really help here)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

The Gent

Ok let me look and I'll get a screenshot and upload it

The Gent

I am trying to upload the caps so you can look but they are not working. I have them in a file on my F drive in a folder with three different file names. When I try to upload a picture, it puts in the HDML code line but when I hit preview, all I see if the code line, not the image.

like this:
Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 07:12:55 PM by The Gent

The Gent

ok, that message is not go in to allow the upload code line.

So, let's try it this way.

F:\Pictures\09-2019\Music Bee caps/captureAJ.jpg

phred

• Global Moderator
F:\Pictures\09-2019\Music Bee caps/captureAJ.jpg
You've posted a path on your local machine. Obviously we're not going to be able to see that. But you -can- see my sig for help with screenshots.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Gent

OK, lets try this...

https://chunder.weebly.com/private-access.html

All three images are there.

Will
Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:34:47 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So the first picture is your main library (sorted by artist, I guess?), and the other two are what you get on a search. The searches confirm that all tracks ARE there, both the Music icon and the Category show they're in your library.  Can you show us the full window with the main library? I can't tell from this what might be causing the tracks to be filtered.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)