Author Topic: Undo or Preview a new Lyric search for files with previously embedded lyrics  (Read 1520 times)

supersonic

A lot of my music has embedded lyrics however sometimes they're not exactly correct (happens a lot from lyrics got from services before Genius) to which I use the 'Delete Lyrics and Redo Search' option to get the correct lyrics, and for the most part that works flawlessly, however occasionally (even on Genius) there won't be lyrics for that song or the lyrics will be even more incorrect, which in that case I would prefer to use the lyrics that were previously in the file.

The workaround I currently use is to 'Copy Displayed Lyrics' then 'search', if the new lyrics are correct I leave it, if not I paste the previous lyrics back into the file.

I think it would be great if there was a feature to either select an "Undo Search and use Previous Lyrics" or to have an option to display the lyrics it would find in a Popup/Window to which there could be an option for "Yes use these Lyrics" or "Cancel".  (The Popup/Window option would be my personal preference as it would display what lyrics would be used before any changes to the file are made)

Many thanks in advance if one of these options becomes a feature in MusicBee  :)

supersonic

did you try main menu/ Edit/ Undo ?

Ok this is interesting, I always edit lyrics in the right sidebar 'Lyrics' pane and when editing in there it always says "File Tags: No Changes" in Edit>Undo even after selecting "Embed Displayed Lyrics into Music File" and also after playing another song because I know it doesn't always write the data to the file until the next track, this is with the latest 3.3.7165 portable version (but I am using the LyricsReloaded plugin with this specific YML I don't know if that would affect that)

But after you mentioning that, I tested editing a file from the right click 'Edit' option on a file and that does correctly allow me to Edit>Undo the changes, but you can't search for lyrics in the Edit window and also that's a lot more clicks.

But even with the Undo option I think having an option to have a window that displays the lyrics MusicBee would find from a lyric search would still be useful addition to MusicBee for files that already have lyrics found for them.