Author Topic: (Easy way to add) More Search Lyrics Providers  (Read 27830 times)

VX

I like reading lyrics while listening tracks with MusicBee. The support for lyrics in MB is quite good, unless you like listening to non-English songs. The problem is that MB can't find the Lyrics for many French, German, Spanish, Portuguese or Polish songs.

Furthermore, there are some annoying encoding errors when MB displays Lyrics with diacritic marks. For example:

I was wondering how to solve the problem and realized that the best way would be to allow user to add more Search Lyrics Providers easily.
As one can see in the Edit/ Preferences/ Tags (2) MB supports currently 5 lyrics search providers (the last one is disabled by default):

Not bad, but comparing to another free and open-source player Clementine is like comparing 5 to 23 (!) (the last 6 are disabled by default):

It's a pity that both players lack support for http://www.diglyrics.com    - you can find there almost all the lyrics that MB failed to. The website is translated into 5 languages, including English, Chinese, German, Polish and Danish, so most likely you'll find lyrics for songs in the languages there.

Tried to use Clementine as a default music player and manager for a while, but Music Bee is  irrevocably better in every field, excluding exceptional Lyrics and Visualisations support.

If I could help somehow to improve the Lyrics support for MB, please let me know  :)

Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:12:25 PM by VX

Steven

• Administrator
having additional providers has been asked for quite a few times along with having additional artwork providers.
I have created a plugin API so other developers can build retrieval from some of the lesser known lyrics sites but so far no one has done anything to my knowledge.

As to the encoding problems, in my experience it is the lyrics web-sites at fault but if you find a specific example where it displays correctly on the website but not in MB (of course that it is the site MB retrieved lyrics from) then i will look into it.

VX

As to the encoding problems, in my experience it is the lyrics web-sites at fault but if you find a specific example where it displays correctly on the website but not in MB (of course that it is the site MB retrieved lyrics from) then i will look into it.

The wrong encoding song at the screen shot above is: "Myslovitz -Noc" (Artist -Title). I did a search in all the 5 Lyrics Search Providers Websites, but wasn't able to find it (LYRDB refused to work for me)  :( .

Steven

• Administrator
in my case it found the lyrics on leolyrics (you can see by right clicking the lyrics and it should say which website it got them from)
and the encoding was correct (its UTF-8 which is independent of any local settings you have on your computer)

VX

you can see by right clicking the lyrics and it should say which website it got them from

Thank you very much for the tip  :) Right-clicked the lyrics and it turned out that: 'Lyrics Source: Embeded in Music File' (isn't it a typo  ???, btw). That explains the roots of the issue: this is Audio-CD  track, so I can't search for the lyrics with predefined lyrics providers (excluding Google search).

Is it possible to add the option to Search for lyrics in the predefined providers websites alongside the Google Search command  ???
That would be useful for Audio-CD tracks with embedded lyrics with wrong encoding.

Sarge

Tried to use Clementine as a default music player and manager for a while, but Music Bee is  irrevocably better in every field, excluding exceptional Lyrics and  support.

Your system can't find lyrics because you have TOO many music players downloaded  ;D  ha ha ha
you have more players than most people have underwear.. ;D

The late great Winston Churchill once said..."If you don't know the lyrics..hum it "

VX

Your system can't find lyrics because you have TOO many music players downloaded  ;D  ha ha ha
you have more players than most people have underwear.. ;D

;D  ;D  ;D

Sarge, I have so many players for testing purposes only. As devoted Music Bee beta-tester  ;) I have to undertake thorough investigations to diagnose issues and give suggestions to help with MB development. I believe it needs only a little polish to be absolutely the best and almost perfect all-in-one but not bloated music player and manager . Thanks, Steven BTW  :)

Sarge

I knew that.......I was in NO way serious with my comment.. ;D

My ex-wife would never buy my story about extra testing  ;D

nokturrduk84

This is really nice player. Just downloaded. Very impressive work. And about lyrics providers... If it's possible to add more of them? Like darklyrics.com? Or maybe, if it will be possible in next version of this player, that users can add lyrics providers in settings? That would be super :)