Author Topic: change the color of Last.fm login icon  (Read 1219 times)

Austin-316

Hi is there any way to change the color of the lastfm logo for dark-fine tuned series? I tried many tricks without success . I cannot find the source code of the skin ,
however what is the element id that belongs to the last fm logo ? I can not seem to find any info about this
any help would be appreciated.

hiccup

You will need the source files of a skin to change the image file of that icon.
Since the creator of that skin is no longer a forum member you won't be able to get your hands on them.
Your only chance would be if the source files could be extracted from the xmlc file.
The only one who might be able to help you with that is Steven.

Austin-316

You will need the source files of a skin to change the image file of that icon.
Since the creator of that skin is no longer a forum member you won't be able to get your hands on them.
Your only chance would be if the source files could be extracted from the xmlc file.
The only one who might be able to help you with that is Steven.

Thank you sir, I tried to extract these files but as you know there is no info about these in google , so as you say there must be a way to extract these files so how do I contact Steven , can you tag him in this thread please , I would appreciate it.

Steven

• Administrator
You can override an existing skin by creating a new skin using the "dependsOn" attribute. There is a write-up in the Tips and Tricks topic.
You would need to provide a base-64 version of the last fm icon

hiccup

You can override an existing skin by creating a new skin using the "dependsOn" attribute. There is a write-up in the Tips and Tricks topic.

Are you sure about that?
The Lastfm icons I create for my skins have always been image files that go into the 'images' folder, not base64 elements in the xml?

Steven

• Administrator

Austin-316

thank you Steven , I already did that ( create new skin which depends on the main skin ), but I don't know the element ID for the last fm icon, I already tried <element id="LastFmPluginIcon"> but it has no effect.

Are you sure about that?
The Lastfm icons I create for my skins have always been image files that go into the 'images' folder, not base64 elements in the xml?

can you share the element ID for the last fm icon ?

you are right - it cant be overriden
so this means it can not be done , right ? if so, is there any other solution ?

hiccup

That's exactly the point; there isn't one.

The images for the player panel in bitmapped (xmlc, compiled) skins are not in the original xml file as base64 code element.
They are image files that you have to put in an 'Images' folder, and then you compile everything into an xmlc file.
So you cannot overrule those images with a dependent skin.

The only option I can think of is that you create your own bitmap skin.
If you want to learn more, there is a dedicated forum board on the matter:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=21.0

Austin-316

That's exactly the point; there isn't one.

The images for the player panel in bitmapped (xmlc, compiled) skins are not in the original xml file as base64 code element.
They are image files that you have to put in an 'Images' folder, and then you compile everything into an xmlc file.
So you cannot overrule those images with a dependent skin.

The only option I can think of is that you create your own bitmap skin.
If you want to learn more, there is a dedicated forum board on the matter:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=21.0

Ok thanks for the help I will try to learn to make  something black similar to dark-fine tuned series, I have experience modifying skins for Kodi (xbmc)

hiccup

That's great.
Don't overlook this tool:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22300.0

It can save you an enormous amount of time in finding the elements that you may want to edit the colours for.

Austin-316

That's great.
Don't overlook this tool:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22300.0

It can save you an enormous amount of time in finding the elements that you may want to edit the colours for.
Thanks , I will definitely look into that.