Author Topic: Remote Control for iOS (MusicBee Remote companion)  (Read 36169 times)

Spidrax

Is there a way to select an artist, then select an album?

When I select an artist, I just see a list of songs.

I tried going to album then searching for an artist to narrow it down, but that doesn't work either.

dandepeched

Is there a way to select an artist, then select an album?

When I select an artist, I just see a list of songs.

I tried going to album then searching for an artist to narrow it down, but that doesn't work either.

Right now there is no such option, so basically you need to know the name of album (at least partial) to find it in Library.
I'm thinking about adding search enhancements in some future.
Thanks for your feedback!

canativa

Thank you very much dandepeched for this app! I have a feature request/idea I would absolutely love and would pay for! Would it be possible to add an ID3v2 editor? I like adding comments to songs sometimes as I'm listening and if I could do that from this app omg game changer

WerleyBird

Hello! Thank you for the remote app. I originally installed version 1.2.1 and I’m receiving pop up when opening which states I need to update to version 1.3.0.

I’m able to download the zipped file but I’m having trouble installing it. I’m using the portable version of MusicBee and I have no idea where the plug-in folder is located in order to extract and overwrite the older version of the remote plugin. Tried searching in windows file explorer and no luck there. Does the previous version need to be uninstalled first and then install the 1.3.0 version using the “add plugin” button at the top right of the plugin tab under preferences? Thanks in advance for any help.

phred

• Global Moderator
The first post in this thread has instructions for installing. There should be a plugins directory under the directory where you installed MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

kleinfeld

Problem: Downloaded version 1.3.0  to update the prior version that worked fine for me. I installed the new version on my PC but the iOS app still says the plug in on the PC is outdated. The new Remote app seems to work as expected expect for the alert still coming up each time I start the iOS app.
Any suggestions for what I am not doing correctly?

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you exited and restarted MB?
Have you rebooted your PC?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

kleinfeld

Exited and restarted MB.
Restarted iOS app and then also restarted my iPhone.
Di not yet restart my PC. Will do so and report back.

kleinfeld

Restarted PC. Upon restart the PC then installed a Windows 10 update. ( I had auto update turned off.)
Sadly, the Alert about needing to update the Plug in remains on the iOS app.
Any next suggestion, please?

phred

• Global Moderator
Any next suggestion, please?
You'll just have to wait for the plugin's developer to take a look.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Crazy8

I recently added the music bee remote to my iPhone, big mistake. Now Apple has imbedded iTunes into Music Bee. I never want to buy from Apple. How can I remove iTunes (If i search for a song that isn't in my library Music Bee suggests I buy it from Apple) from Music bee. I'd like to keep the remote control app on my phone but will gladly deleat it to get rid of Apple.
Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Apple definitely has nothing to do with the MusicBee remote. I believe the Music Explorer feature on MusicBee itself gets some info from the iTunes store and links back to it, which is what you're encountering (used to be other sources but they became unavailable). If you don't like being linked to the iTunes store, don't use the Music Explorer section.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I have moved this to the thread of the plugin so the author can see it and perhaps offer some suggestion. -My- suggestion would be to uninstall the plugin and then uninstall MB. Then reinstall MB. But I think you should wait until you hear from the author.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

dandepeched

Thanks @phred for pointing me to this questions.

@psychoadept is correct, neither plugin, nor iOS application relates to the iTunes.
@Crazy8, if you want to search your library, you need to use Search bar while "Music" tab is on the screen. Right now you are searching in the "Music Explorer" tab.

@WerleyBird, @kleinfeld, did you resolve your questions?

hiccup

PS:
I need to pay 100$/year for this application to stay in the App Store, that is why I had to put some non-disturbing ads in it.

It looks like you are monetizing this far beyond the extend of just asking people to help you with some $100 Apple fee.

quote from the apple store:

In-App Purchases
   Disable Ads $0.99
   Access to Lock Screen Controls $0.99
   Detailed Track Information $0.99
   Premium Subscription $1.49
   Premium Subscription $14.99
   Lifetime Premium $34.99