Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 6211 times)

vinieux

I think your program rocks.

One constant thing I see in music program forums is the fight between organising your library and seeing it in folder view or however you have arranged it...

And normally the solution is to have you choose if you want to arrange it or not...

Your program provides the simplest way of all programs I have ever seen of viewing songs by library view and by folder structure...

I was thinking... why not let the library display music as if it was organised...all the tag structure intact... however the file structure remains the same as seen in the folder view...

So those who prefer organising their music get it automatically as if organised... and those who want their original folder structure use the folder view... or switch to the library if they want an organised view

No options, getting the program to re-sort and rearrange your music or anything... but the perfect solution... for both sides...

One more suggestion. How about a reporting module where I can view how many songs by a particular artist, how many albums... percentage of that artist in my library, and more...

Would be kick ass...

Your program is the best that's out there so far... thanks a million...

Steven

• Administrator
I was thinking... why not let the library display music as if it was organised...all the tag structure intact... however the file structure remains the same as seen in the folder view...
just to confirm i understand correctly you want the ability for folders/ files to be displayed as though they were organised based on the file tags, where you can drill-down on folders just like they were real folders. I guess that provides a more flexible way to navigate to find and play tracks.
I would rather this be an option in the Computer tab - its already set up to display and drill-down on folders

regarding the reporting module, i agree and also stats on playcounts - i guess mainly for people who dont use last.fm

vinieux

My apologies. Actually, Music Bee does exactly what I suggested by default I have got so used to viewing and playing my music from the computer tab, i forgot completely that if I do use the library I would anyway see them in an organised fashion by tab/artist/genre and so on...

whoops. My bad...

MusicBee rocks...