Author Topic: Can you automatically make all track numbers from 1-9 start with a 0?  (Read 2493 times)

InsidAero

Half of my albums have track numbers that go 01, 02, 03... and so on, and the other half go 1, 2, 3... so I wanted to know if there was a way
I could automatically make every track number that's from 1 to 9 have a 0 in front, either using the auto-organise feature, or something else if there's no way to do it with that.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for:
Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling > fields > configure fields > formatting > disc-track# format > change to '00' - '00'
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

InsidAero

I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for:
Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling > fields > configure fields > formatting > disc-track# format > change to '00' - '00'

That didn't seem to change anything. Plus, it was already at 0-00 so I imagine my tracks would already all be starting with 0 if it worked that way. Maybe I'm missing something.

boroda

try 'additional tagging & reporting tools' plugin, 'advanced search & replace' command. there is a preset to add leading zeroes to track numbers.

Zak

• Global Moderator
I just noticed that the tag Disc-Track# will use the formatting specified in the Disc-track# format setting.
The tag Track# though does not. I'd consider that a bug and suggest that the Track# tag should also respect the format specified in the second text box of that setting.

On the other hand, if a track doesn't have a disc number Disc-Track# will only display the track number anyway, so try using that tag instead.

(btw, Mp3tag won't let you manually insert leading zeroes in M4A files, which is a bit annoying - works in MusicBee though)
Bee excellent to each other...

InsidAero

I just noticed that the tag Disc-Track# will use the formatting specified in the Disc-track# format setting.
The tag Track# though does not. I'd consider that a bug and suggest that the Track# tag should also respect the format specified in the second text box of that setting.

On the other hand, if a track doesn't have a disc number Disc-Track# will only display the track number anyway, so try using that tag instead.

(btw, Mp3tag won't let you manually insert leading zeroes in M4A files, which is a bit annoying - works in MusicBee though)

I found another similar thread where you answer this question by saying you can use the native tagging tools to renumber tracks. This works wonderfully. Thanks (albeit it was on another thread)!