Author Topic: Can you automatically make all track numbers from 1-9 start with a 0?  (Read 118 times)

InsidAero

Half of my albums have track numbers that go 01, 02, 03... and so on, and the other half go 1, 2, 3... so I wanted to know if there was a way
I could automatically make every track number that's from 1 to 9 have a 0 in front, either using the auto-organise feature, or something else if there's no way to do it with that.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for:
Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling > fields > configure fields > formatting > disc-track# format > change to '00' - '00'
Download the latest MusicBee v3.3 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

InsidAero

I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for:
Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling > fields > configure fields > formatting > disc-track# format > change to '00' - '00'

That didn't seem to change anything. Plus, it was already at 0-00 so I imagine my tracks would already all be starting with 0 if it worked that way. Maybe I'm missing something.

boroda

try 'additional tagging & reporting tools' plugin, 'advanced search & replace' command. there is a preset to add leading zeroes to track numbers.

Zak

I just noticed that the tag Disc-Track# will use the formatting specified in the Disc-track# format setting.
The tag Track# though does not. I'd consider that a bug and suggest that the Track# tag should also respect the format specified in the second text box of that setting.

On the other hand, if a track doesn't have a disc number Disc-Track# will only display the track number anyway, so try using that tag instead.

(btw, Mp3tag won't let you manually insert leading zeroes in M4A files, which is a bit annoying - works in MusicBee though)
Bee excellent to each other...