Author Topic: What is the difference between the "Music" tab and "Music Explorer"?  (Read 1903 times)

Blibdoolpoolp

I'm setting up my music library in MusicBee, and so far I really like it. I just finished correcting all of my missing tags, and I'm now ready to start enjoying the program. Sorry if this a dumb question, but what is different between the "Music" tab and "Music Explorer"? They seem to offer the same information except one shows the tracks in more of a list style, and Explorer looks more tile/icon based, but I feel there is probably more to it than that to warrant having two seperate tabs. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

PS I tried looking on the Wiki but the Music Explorer page is blank.

captain_paranoia

The Music tab is a simple, hierarchical browser, using your library.

The Music Explorer tab adds online information content, and provides a means to explore further music by a selected artist, and offers suggestions for similar artists. It allows you to 'explore' music based on what you have selected, or are currently playing, both in your own library, and elsewhere. Its meant to provide a 'if you like this, you might like this' function.

Blibdoolpoolp

Gotcha. I get it. It seems to me it could be more integrated in one tab, but I can understand why one might want it split off. Thanks for the explanation!