Author Topic: Why music shows as two albums in music list  (Read 3278 times)

BillH

I have a some songs that all have the same Artist, Album Artist, Album and Disc #.  Despite that, they show up in the Music list as being two separate albums.  One has track 1 and the other has tracks 2 thru 7. 

I have verified that all of these tags are the same on all 7 tracks by selecting them all, editing them, and typing in the information.

Any idea why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Bill

phred

• Global Moderator
You're saying you selected all seven tracks and edited the tags all at once? What about the year? Are they all the same?

I suggest using the Tag Inspector (from the Tag Editor window) to find the tag that's different.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

BillH

Yes, that is how I entered the tags... all 7 at one time.

Usually when I select multiple tracks and go into edit any tags that are different on different tracks show as "mixed".  If I do that on these 7 tracks, the only tag that shows as "mixed" is track title.

In the tag inspector there is only 1 entry for album, album artist, disc#, encoder, and year.  There are multiple lines only for lyrics, title, track#, and relative volume adjustment.  I would have thought with those settings the tracks would all be grouped together as one album.

Here is a link to what the music panel looks like for these tracks.

https://imgur.com/a/Ue2TE9O

Thanks!
Bill

Zak

• Global Moderator
Also check that you don't have any of those tracks marked as being part of a Compilation.
That can affect what MusicBee considers to be the Album Artist even though the tag itself is blank.

Otherwise, a screenshot of the panel settings for that view might help.
Bee excellent to each other...

boroda

check that 'every album is placed to own folder' (don't know exact english wording) option is unticked for defining what the album is.

phred

• Global Moderator
Just a guess - try removing the 'disk x of y' tags. Both of them. For all tracks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

BillH

Zac,

None were listed as being part of a compilation.

phred,

This didn't correct the problem.

boroda,

This was the problem.  The "orphan" song was in a different folder.  I had to go into the Edit on the song, go to properties, and change the location for the song.  This moved it to the correct folder.  After exiting and restarting MusicBee the album now looks correct.  I think awhile ago I had changed the name of the album in the tags and thought that would be all I had to do.  Now I know I also have to make sure to move the file to the correct folder using MusicBee.

Thanks to all for their help.
Bill

phred

• Global Moderator
Now I know I also have to make sure to move the file to the correct folder using MusicBee.
Yes. Remember that there is a 'computer node' in the left sidebar. (If it's not visible, go to Layout (1) in Preferences and enable it under the left sidebar section.) In any event moving files from within MB is the recommended method because MB will keep track of where things are going. If you're not sure where the file is, right-click on it > Search > Locate in computer node. That will take you directly to the file's location. Then simply drag and drop into the desired folder.

Glad to hear you've got it sorted out.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki