Author Topic: "Floating" Lyrics and Artist Bio in Now Playing tab  (Read 2944 times)

JZStudios

I don't like any theater modes and they reduce usability, but I do like the floating panels. The current lyrics and artist bios only show up in panels which you have to go into a menu to enable/disable (Maybe make that just a right click enable left/right panel?) It also forces the spectrum visualizer to lose a lot of resolution and minimize into one of the side panels. Oh, and it also removes the "dynamic" background colors, which isn't very represented with my chosen album cover in the images.

My idea for a new one with floating panels would leave the spectrum visualizer alone and keep the dynamic background color. The spectrum visualizer already changes colors dynamically with each album cover as well, so the text for lyrics and bio could follow that same color scheme. The floating panels themselves in my picture are just a low opacity black to dim the background a bit. I suppose you could potentially add in some options to change opacity and colors there as well.

JZStudios

A better example of the "dynamic" background and text.

Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 07:14:14 PM by JZStudios

JZStudios

I'm disappointed that no one seems to care about this.  :-\
It's basically the last thing that I want, but I guess more people like to have the super complicated library view with windows everywhere.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I don't like any theater modes and they reduce usability,

I'm disappointed that no one seems to care about this.  :-\
It's basically the last thing that I want, but I guess more people like to have the super complicated library view with windows everywhere.

Don't dismiss Theatre Mode just yet - it can be tweaked to do almost everything you want.
The xml files can be edited in Notepad and the application of the 'code' is discussed in forums.
Any elements you don't like or need can simply be deleted.

It's really not that complicated, maybe you should give TM a chance!

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=17.0

Regards: Freddy

JZStudios

I don't like any theater modes and they reduce usability,

I'm disappointed that no one seems to care about this.  :-\

Don't dismiss Theatre Mode just yet - it can be tweaked to do almost everything you want.
The xml files can be edited in Notepad and the application of the 'code' is discussed in forums.
Any elements you don't like or need can simply be deleted.

It's really not that complicated, maybe you should give TM a chance!

Oh, theater mode. I guess I should say I don't like any of the default ones packaged with MB, or any I found at a quick glance here on the forum. My biggest issues are that most do artist or random pictures, and I don't think it easily lets me go back into the library.

I'm actually really happy with the default Now Playing tab, I'd just like to have a lyrics panel that isn't ugly and kills the theme.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Oh, theater mode. I guess I should say I don't like any of the default ones packaged with MB, or any I found at a quick glance here on the forum. My biggest issues are that most do artist or random pictures, and I don't think it easily lets me go back into the library.

I'm actually really happy with the default Now Playing tab, I'd just like to have a lyrics panel that isn't ugly and kills the theme.

With the help from here....

I downloaded a few of the 'default' Theatre Modes, copied and changed the various elements within XML to make a Theatre View I was happy with...

Help available if required.
Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 09:18:03 PM by Freddy Barker

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
This older Theatre Mode was mostly the work of @redwing,  a former Forum regular..

The AUTO menu option cycles through each of the various views without any user input. Comments are on each element, making it quite simple to change with a little effort.

My screen res is 1920 x 1080.

Freddy
Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 06:14:35 PM by Freddy Barker

JZStudios

This older Theatre Mode was mostly the work of @redwing,  a former Forum regular..

The AUTO menu option cycles through each of the various views without any user input. Comments are on each element, making it quite simple to change with a little effort.

My screen res is 1920 x 1080.

Freddy
Hm. But don't you still have to exit TM every time you want to go through your library? And isn't it also fullscreen, so not a move-able window?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Hm. But don't you still have to exit TM every time you want to go through your library? And isn't it also fullscreen, so not a move-able window?

You can browse your library by using the MusicBee remote on an Android phone or tablet, or access your "playlists" from the Theatre Mode screen...
Yes full screen although some TM styles have an embedded version!
Freddy
Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:33:14 AM by Freddy Barker