Author Topic: History of radio stream metadata artist/title info  (Read 942 times)

sveakul

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2073
In the History panel, entries are made of radio station names played, but the majority consist of just the station name and not the actual artist/title track metadata that DOES appear in the Track information panel when the station is being played.  Occasionally, the artist/title of a played song WILL appear in History.  All the stations are sending metadata, and the songs tried all exceed the "+1" time threshold of 25 seconds I have set in Now Playing (if that even affects streams) before changing stations.

Is History actually designed to keep track of dynamic radio stream metadata the same way as from an audio file?  If so, am I missing a setting/condition for it to reliably keep track of the artist/title played?  Thanks for any insight.
Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 03:04:26 AM by sveakul

sveakul

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2073
After more experimenting, this seems to be very dependent on the station itself and how long the song is allowed to be played, despite the setting of the "+1" timing in the Now Playing settings, even though Track Information will show the stream's currently playing artist/title EVERY time.   As the History display is not updated in real-time it makes diagnosis a bit dificult.  What I'm trying to do might be better off in the "plugins" department as it specifically involves keeping track of each stream artist/title as it appears in Track Information, despite the length of time involved, which I don't believe was the main purpose of the History feature.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 33595
whats the link for one of the stations?
trying now i have no issues, except it does look like there is a bug when switching stations, it incorrectly logged the station name (without any track details but it shouldnt have logged anything)
There is a 30 sec minimum play time for it to be logged

edit:
for the switching station bug:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:14:05 PM by Steven

sveakul

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2073
Thanks Steven, I will do some testing with the new patch applied and try to send more details about what happens and when.  I was not aware before of the 30 second log delay, so will take that factor into account.

sveakul

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2073
OK, finished testing with 3.3.7162.39862 P, and it looks like the problem has been solved!  I rotated through several stations, allowing some to play more than one song all the way through, switching to another station and only allowing 40 sec to play before switching to another, finally exiting MusicBee while a new station was playing, being sure it was on at least 30 seconds first.  Upon restart, the History panel showed a nice neat listing of each and every song played by every station I had switched to, correctly sourced in the "Origin" column.  No more station names logged as titles,  blank entries consisting only of the origin, etc.  Both AAC and MP3 streams were used.  THANK YOU for such a complete and useful fix!! :)