Author Topic: Redirecting playlists  (Read 873 times)

plantje17

I recently moved my mp3 files to a new folder on a different storage drive to conserve space on the main drive. I managed to change the paths where MusicBee checks for new music files to this new directory, but I can't figure out how to redirect my playlists. I had quite a lot of playlists but these are now empty because they can't find the files in the old directory. Is there a way to tell MusicBee that the playlists now need to look for the files in a new folder?

phred

• Global Moderator
If you had used MB's computer node to move the files, everything would be fine. You can't expect MB to know where you moved the files to if you did it using a file explorer or some such animal.

I think what you now need to do is search and replace (old path to new path) using a text editor such as Notebook++. Make backup copies of the playlists before you start and edit only one playlist. If it works as expected, then do the rest.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

plantje17

Thanks for the advice. I knew about the built-in function to move music files around but simply forgot to use it, very stupid of me. I tried opening the playlist files in WordPad and swapping the paths using ctrl+H, but this corrupted the file. I think I'll move all the files back to the old directory and then move them again with the MusicBee function.

boroda

I think I'll move all the files back to the old directory and then move them again with the MusicBee function.
it's the best solution.