Author Topic: wondering about redwing  (Read 2043 times)

hiccup

Stumbling upon some older forum posts, redwing has been one of the valuable old-school forum members that has done a lot of good regarding improving MusicBee and helping other users.
It came to a (somewhat ugly) abrupt end with him leaving the forum for reasons I still don't fully understand.
(to be clear and honest: I myself had some issues and confrontations with him regarding how he voiced his opinions more than once)

But I'm still curious if he has indeed abandoned MusicBee completely.
Hard to imagine considering the shared appreciation of, and dedication to MusicBee, seeing no valid alternative anywhere on the horizon.
Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 08:25:20 PM by hiccup

Clarity

It's interesting that you mention this now, because I have come across his posts more frequently lately. Maybe it's because of the confrontations some of us had with him that he got tired of. Nevertheless, he was a fantastic member. I also can't imagine that he abandoned MusicBee completely; I mean, although this might be a bold statement, the level of performance, scope, developer interaction, and attention to detail is unmatched among music organizing tools. It also reveals how talented Steven Mayall is, considering how advanced MusicBee was already in the first and second versions, compared to everything else on the market produced by large or small teams. It's just mind-blowing.

Speaking for myself, I can say that I benefited greatly from his contributions as an early member using another nickname in the early 2010s, and later also as a silent reader, I was happy to consider his help.

Dizza17

As a silent user of musicbee for a few years now and only recently starting to take a keen interest in the forum, it is interesting reading through say the tips & tricks thread you see certain users who were active contributors for a period then they vanish.
It does make you wonder if they are just not interested in the forum anymore and still use Music-bee or have they completely changed their interests in music etc. obviously people’s priorities, circumstances change over time etc but for me personally that is, music is a very important aspect of life that I will enjoy for all my life. So as long as musicbee is still a thing then I’ll be a user 😂

Steven

• Administrator
Yeah its a shame he left in the forum as was a great contributor and certainly motivated and inspired me to deliver features to the best I could do.

Arpe

...certainly motivated and inspired me to deliver features to the best I could do.
Maybe someone else could be nominated to hassle you more to achieve this? :P

The Incredible Boom Boom

To me, MusicBee is more than just a music player and manager - due to much reading of @redwing's contributions, using MB gives me an equivalent feeling to going to a media store and listening to tapes and CDs (not old enough for records alone. 🙃) Both @Steven and @redwing have played a major part in my enjoyment of music over the last ten years (I only recently started contributing to the forum.)