Author Topic: Option to display Volume Analysis results without auto-tagging the values  (Read 909 times)

sveakul

Sometimes it's nice just to see where you stand before actually writing the tags.  E.g. in the current "Analyse Volume" window, have a checkbox for "Analyse and show status" and another for "Analyse and write RG tags".  If r128gain.exe is being used, the -d option will achieve the former.  Thanks for your consideration.

Zak

• Global Moderator
You can display track and album gain columns in the main window in Tracks view.

For the Analyse Volume dialog, the information is already known so it wouldn't need to be a checkbox.
Simpler would be for any existing gain values to just be displayed in a separate column.
Bee excellent to each other...

sveakul

Thanks Zak for your reply!  What I'm referring to are files that have not undergone any volume analysis and do not currently contain any replay gain tags.  In those cases, showing a Track Gain column in the main window would just show a blank.  So I'm looking for a Volume Analysis box result that would just say "these would be the RG values of this file(s) if you chose to tag them as such."  I can get that result easily by using r128gain.exe as an External Tools entry with the -d switch (show values but not apply tag), but since MusicBee can already do gain analysis internally I was hoping it could offer an option similar to that switch.