Author Topic: A question of lyrics  (Read 1179 times)

mm

This question may be more opinion rather than technical based.

I am in the process of moving my music to Musicbee, and trying to workout all the things to do, so I get it right the first time.

Are most people including lyrics with their music files?

From what I can gather, embedding lyrics in the music files itself is not a clear recommendation? (I saw a post where Steven asks are you sure you want to embed lyrics).

The minilyrics plugin seems to be quite 'cool', but is this something that loses its novelty appeal when you realize Karaoke is as fun as it was first thought?

For those with big collections that started some time ago, what would you do differently if starting again from scratch?

mm

I still haven't started after 12 months, so for those with big collections that started some time ago, what would you do differently if starting again from scratch?

The Incredible Boom Boom

I use MiniLyrics to get lyrics and they're saved into an .lrc file. I don't embed them.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I use mini lyrics and embed the lyrics, there's nothing wrong with embedding. I prefer keeping everything in one file, but you can do both if you want backup.

I think minilyrics is still the best source for automating lyrics retrieval in general, and the only real source for synced lyrics. No matter what source you're using there are always some mismatches, but it's not like it's hard to fix when you find it.

Honestly, lyrics are pretty easy. Much easier than artwork, lol
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)