Author Topic: Is Portable MusicBee slower?  (Read 2317 times)

Pressley

I've been running on portable MusicBee for a while because of a couple PC changes. Don't really want to go into all of the details, but it's rather slow/buggy/stuttery.

Has anyone had this experience? Is it worth it to switch to the standard MusicBee? Is it any different? It's possible that it is just overloaded by all the files. I have 1,600+ songs, which doesn't seem that crazy, but they're all at least 320kbps, high-res artworks embedded, and probably 20% are FLAC files, some quite large when looking at 24 bit.

phred

• Global Moderator
I've been running on portable MusicBee for a while because of a couple PC changes. Don't really want to go into all of the details, but it's rather slow/buggy/stuttery.
MB version? Help > About

It would be helpful if you went into some, if not all details as to what exactly you're doing and experiencing.

There is absolutely no difference between the full installer and the portable. They are the exact same program with an installer routine on one. So I suspect that's not the reason for your sluggishness.

I have 30,000+ tracks and use the portable version with no issues such as you describe. MB can handle 1600 tracks with one hand tied behind its back and both eyes closed. It's got to be something about your setup and/or system. Hence the need for more details.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
Same. I've been using portable MusicBee for years with 100,000 tracks and never had any problems.
Quite the opposite - I'm amazed how consistently speedy it is.
Bee excellent to each other...