Author Topic: After update it does not detect my Amazon Fire HD tablet anymore.  (Read 4308 times)

JlMN

I recently updated MusicBee from 3.2.6902 to 3.3.7155

When I connect my device [tablet] (Amazon Fire HD 8 6th Generation) to my PC (Win 7) (wired), the device icon on the upper right area doesn't appear.

But it does detect my Samsung Android smartphone.

On my device I checked if MTP is selected, and it is.

In the Error Logs I see this:

Code
8/5/2019 12:35:43 PM - Unable to initialise device=Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042009

I never had this issue before with this tablet with the older MusicBee version. :(
Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:09:24 PM by JlMN

Steven

• Administrator

JlMN

I haven't tried that, but since it was working with the older version, I suppose so.  My last successful sync was like two days prior to updating the application on my PC.

Do I need to uninstall the newer version prior to installing the older version?  Or can I install over it -- hoping that the older files replace the new files?
Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:10:23 AM by JlMN

JlMN

After testing your most latest version: MusicBee_Setup_3_3_7157  -- and no luck to my issue.  I uninstalled MusicBee and then reinstalled the last working version for me: v3.2.6902

The good thing is that I had kept a backup of my settings when I was with that version, and after loading my settings, the program is able to sync with my Amazon Fire HD.

So that should answer the question if I still have issues with the older version.

Hopefully someday your newer version supports my device.

Steven

• Administrator
would you be happy to run a debug version? You would only need to replace musicbee.exe

JlMN

Sure!  Just let me know if you want me to run it on the older version or the newest version?

One thing I noticed comparing the new and older versions.  Under Edit Preferences (CTRL+O) > Devices (tab).

Under the new version, the following option is nowhere to be found: detect MTP devices.  Under the new version, it seems to have been replaced with the WiFi Option instead.

Just an observation...

Steven

• Administrator
take a copy of MusicBee.exe and your current settings file

unzip and replace MusicBee.exe with this file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ly6t6bc8rngpajq/MusicBeeDebugSync.zip/file

After restarting MB, it will log an entry at the end of the error log with "Line=?" - i need the value
(help/ support/ view error log)

JlMN

Okay, here is the error log:

Code
8/8/2019 8:11:03 PM - Line=21
8/8/2019 8:11:03 PM - Unable to initialise device=Method not found: 'Void PortableDeviceApiLib.IEnumPortableDeviceObjectIDs.Next(UInt32, System.String[], UInt32 ByRef)'.

FYI: I didn't update MusicBee, so I was still using v3.2.6902 when I swapped the debug exe file you gave me when I conducted this test for you.

Plus, I loaded MusicBee while my Amazon Fire HD device was connected to the PC, in order to get the error you needed.

If you still wish for me to update MusicBee and then test this debug exe file again, just let me know?

UPDATE:
One thing I noticed that after replacing the debug exe with the original one, the part that I stated above where "detect MTP device" is found was was turned off or unchecked by the new exe.  So that was weird, perhaps a clue?  Because my tablet was still connected and did not detect it because of that setting...

Glad I ran a backup of my settings, I think the new exe changes some of my settings.  Let me know if you want for me to investigate this more... or you have enough info with that debug output above?

UPDATE 2:
Comparing the changes between my older saved settings and this new debug version settings, here are a few lines that may help?

v3.2.6902
Code
<SystemEnableMtpDevice>true</SystemEnableMtpDevice>

Debug Version
Code
<SystemEnableMtpDevice>false</SystemEnableMtpDevice>

Plus on the new debug version, it removes this line that represents both my devices that I sync with MusicBee:

Code
<RootStoragePath>Fire - 8HD - Red\Storage device\</RootStoragePath>
<RootStoragePath>Samsung\Card\</RootStoragePath>
Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 12:01:58 AM by JlMN

Steven

• Administrator
the mtp device setting is not used any more
I need to give you 2 more files which should be replaced in the musicbee application folder - keep the original 2 in case you want to revert back to v3.2
https://www.mediafire.com/file/sfxi7604gd4bw5t/Interop.zip/file

JlMN

Just checking to see if I follow you correctly.

You want me to put these files when I have either v3.2 or v3.3 installed?  Please clarify?

Plus after placing these files, do you want me to run MusicBee normally or with that debug exe file?

Steven

• Administrator
dont worry about the debug version any more - i should be able to address this tomorrow

Steven

• Administrator
try this version:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

I suggest you either do a Sync or a Preview just to make sure the issue isnt pushed further along from device initialisation
Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 09:38:31 AM by Steven

JlMN

A million apologies for the late reply...

Okay, I updated MusicBee to 3.3.7115 -- I believe that is the version we get when we download it from here: https://getmusicbee.com/downloads/  (7zip: MD5: c6e6729ab61ee7149e822ae8147457d7)

I then downloaded your patched zip you provided above and extracted the zip file and copied the files into this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee  -- and after updating those files, I get this version under About: 3.3.7165

I then connected my Amazon Fire HD tablet to my Win 7 PC.

I then ran MusicBee, and it was able to detect my device and clicked on the tablet icon.

Ran a Preview, but it didn't give me any results, and I know this is strange, since I do have a few Playlists changes since my last update.

I then ran Sync, and it gave me this error:

At this point, I don't know what I should do?  What do I need to modify or fix?  Keeping in mind that with v3.2 there is no issue, the path set is correct as far as that version goes...

So my only guess is that the new version isn't working yet with my device.  Let me know?

Plus, I checked the Log, and nothing there about anything.
Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 04:06:14 AM by JlMN

JlMN

Here is something I spotted, when I uninstalled the new version and returned to v3.2.

I noticed that the older MusicBee version writes the storage path complete like this:

Code
Fire - 8HD - Red\Storage device\

And the new MusicBee version rewrote the storage path this way:

Code
Fire\Storage device\

You see, that device, I named it like this "Red's Fire HD 6 Gen." under the Change Your Device Name options under my tablet's settings.

And MusicBee detects it like: Fire - 8HD - Red.

So I wonder if that is the issue?  The newer versions are omitting parts of the path?  -- I sort of explained that earlier in this thread about comparing MusicBee Settings -- if you recall.

Plus note, that the Storage device part is my SD card on my tablet, and not the device's internal memory.

So I hope this helps?

Steven

• Administrator