Author Topic: background image for Now Playing  (Read 7613 times)

BillH

In Now Playing I would like to be able to set a solid color background.  When using Artist Picture, I sometimes have a very hard time reading the lyrics or artist biography depending on the picture.  When using Album Color mix I have the same problem depending on the color.  If I could set the background image to a solid color I would be able to more easily read the lyrics.  MB has so many options and settings that I was hoping I am just missing something that would allow me to do this.

Thanks,
Bill

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
In Now Playing I would like to be able to set a solid color background.  When using Artist Picture, I sometimes have a very hard time reading the lyrics or artist biography depending on the picture.  When using Album Color mix I have the same problem depending on the color.  If I could set the background image to a solid color I would be able to more easily read the lyrics.  MB has so many options and settings that I was hoping I am just missing something that would allow me to do this.

Thanks,
Bill

A possible quick fix?
Google "solid dark blue image" (for example), and download and use that!
Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:59:34 AM by Freddy Barker

BillH

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't see an option for changing the background for the Now Playing mail panel.  How would I do this?

Thanks,
Bill

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Thanks for the reply.  I didn't see an option for changing the background for the Now Playing mail panel.  How would I do this?

Thanks,
Bill

Part 1
•  Open your Web browser.
•  Use Google to search: grey solid colour wallpaper (example only - pick your own preferred colour or artist pic etc.).
•  Save / Download the image you decide on.

Part 2
•  Launch Musicbee.
•  Got to: Menu / Preferences / Layout (1) / General / Background.
•  [√] Checkbox "Use custom background image".
•  Browse [...] and select your downloaded image (as in Part 1).
•  Click on RESTART Button.

All done!
Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:16:35 AM by Freddy Barker

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Sorry Freddy, but that won't change the background in the Artist Picture or Album Color Mix modes of the Now Playing Panel  :(

@BillH
You could try Large Album mode or try a few of the Theater Modes that are similar to Artist Picture/Album Color Mix views
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Sorry Freddy, but that won't change the background in the Artist Picture or Album Color Mix modes of the Now Playing Panel  :(

In Now Playing I would like to be able to set a solid color background.

@Bee-liever

@BillH was asking originally about the possibility of being able to "set a solid color background", which seems to work ok..

Best regards: Freddy

BillH

Freddy,

Sorry about that.   I guess I didn't explain myself very well.  I did mean only in the Artist Picture and Album Color Mix modes of Now Playing that I was looking for the solid background color.  Your suggestion changes the background in Music and playlists which I don't want, but doesn't change it in those modes of Now Playing.

Bee-liever,

I tried large album mode and that works OK, but I turned off the album picture because for me it is too large and distracting.  This gives me the lyrics in the right main panel but the left main and main panels are white which is a lot of white and quite bright.  Is there a way to change the background color to something other than white?  If not I can live with the white.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Bill

BillH

Somewhere along the way the background for the lyrics in the right main panel in Now Playing mode has turned a dark gray and the text is white.  I don't know what I did to make it turn this way.  For me this is very hard to read.  

Just as a reminder... I am using the large album layout and I am now showing the album cover in the main panel and the lyrics in the right main panel.

I can't figure out how to change this in the preferences or arrange panels.

Is there anyway to change this back to white with black text?  Can I set it to some other color?

Thanks,
Bill

BillH

Anyone know if it is possible to change background for the right main panel where the lyrics display in Now Playing mode with the large album layout?

The program is so customizable I thought for sure this would be possible, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks,
Bill

Steven

• Administrator
I have added an option to the Customise Panel dialog in the Large Album view to disable auto-colouring

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

BillH

Thanks for doing this Steven.  I have downloaded and copied over the files and am now on 3.3.7274.

I disabled auto-pick panel colors and it works great. 

Thank you so much! 

Bill
Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 10:12:31 PM by BillH

Bee-liever

I have added an option to the Customise Panel dialog in the Large Album view to disable auto-colouring

If the skin override <element id="Content[NowPlaying].Body.Default" bg="XXX" fg="XXX" /> is set, shouldn't it use those colours when 'auto-pick panel colours' is off?

Steven

• Administrator
If the skin override <element id="Content[NowPlaying].Body.Default" bg="XXX" fg="XXX" /> is set, shouldn't it use those colours when 'auto-pick panel colours' is off?
it should already be using bg, but i see it was ignoring fg - is that what you meant?

Bee-liever

it should already be using bg, but i see it was ignoring fg - is that what you meant?

Yeah. I thought it was both colours but I see now it's only ignoring the fg colour.

I remember now that this panel slightly lightens the defined colours.  You explained it was something about how the overlaying of the panel works.

BillH

I'm pretty new to all this.  Where would one put this override information?  I looked in the help, but didn't find it.

Thanks!
Bill