Author Topic: Artwork quality is poor when music file is converted and synced to device  (Read 2508 times)

CutUpAngel

I've been having a little trouble with the artwork of my files I send to my music player through syncing. I can't seem to find the option to transfer better quality artwork either embedded or copied to the destination folder. My files are in FLAC format with good quality artwork and I send them to my device through on the fly conversion to maximum quality mp3. Here's my problem, once converted and sent to my device, the artwork quality is pretty poor, looks blurry and textured. I've tried all the options here

* embed artwork
   - I thought if I chose this option it will embed my current artwork and retain it's quality but no. It downsamples it to horrendous quality
   - tried to resize it to higher px: 500, 800, 1000, 1200. Still no change to quality.

* copy to folder.jpg
   - I thought it would copy the good embedded artwork but no. The same muddy image would be saved on my device.

* copy to same folder as the music file
   - same result as above

Any thoughts on a fix? I just discovered Device syncing. In the past I would convert my files first then copy the folder structure of my music collection onto the device. Very tedious but I had no problems with tags/artwork even when converted. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
well you have resize to 200px ticked in your settings screenshot, so try unticking that to leave the artwork unchanged when its synched

CutUpAngel

I've already unticked it before and I thought it would retain the original size but it didn't. Also tried resizing the px and the copy to folder options to no avail. Here's the original artwork embedded on the file, here's the output no matter what option I try. You guys have any idea why it's downsizing in quality?
Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 06:07:20 AM by CutUpAngel

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you doing wired or wifi sync?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
I've already unticked it before and I thought it would retain the original size but it didn't. Also tried resizing the px and the copy to folder options to no avail. Here's the original artwork embedded on the file, here's the output no matter what option I try. You guys have any idea why it's downsizing in quality?
if you dont have the "resize to" option ticked, the artwork is not resized. You dont say how you are proving the artwork has been resized - perhaps its simply the case when you first synched the files that option was ticked and you are assuming that by unticking the option the files are automatically re-synced. You would need to force re-sync the files again with the option unticked eg. delete the files from the device and do the sync again

CutUpAngel

if you dont have the "resize to" option ticked, the artwork is not resized. You dont say how you are proving the artwork has been resized - perhaps its simply the case when you first synched the files that option was ticked and you are assuming that by unticking the option the files are automatically re-synced. You would need to force re-sync the files again with the option unticked eg. delete the files from the device and do the sync again

Hello! I've already fixed the issue. Deleted my device on MB and unticked the resize option and forced the resync. Thanks for all your help :)