Author Topic: Question about working with the Album Artwork Manager  (Read 2156 times)

Phaedrus

I've finally decided that I've had enough with weirdness in my artwork, so I'm slogging through my library to fix everything. I'm using the Album Artwork Manager to identify albums that don't meet my standard, and things are going mostly OK; I'm about halfway through my 10k+ albums after a couple weeks of off and on work.

My first few batches would have the embedded artwork at the top of my list so that I could easily identify it, and save it as an MBCover.jpg, I think I tweaked a setting or two, and now embedded shows at the bottom of the artwork list. I thought I rearranged my album artwork retrieval filter to have "Embedded" at the bottom, so I moved it to the top, but that wasn't it. Ideas on what I did, or is this a function of something else, and the artwork is ordered based on another criteria, and it just works out this way now?

I notice I can only save the first picture as organized cover art. It would be much easier to fix my cover art if I could set any picture as organized art. As it is, if I don't want the first picture, I have to edit the album, and set the cover art from the artwork tab. I'm curious to know the reasoning behind this interface decision, or ideas on how to fix it if it's a problem on my system. I suspect that understanding of the first question will make this question irrelevant.

For the record, I've decided that I don't want any artwork embedded in my music files, so I'm going through each album, removing the embedded artwork, and saving the largest cover art image as an MBCover.jpg to display in MusicBee. I plan to embed the image when I sync a device, if I need it.

TIA for input on my wall of text.
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8447, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
293,621 Tracks, 18,393 Albums, 4461.93GB, 850d 12:20

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear

sveakul

Your sig shows you are using a very old version of MusicBee.  Try updating to 3.3 and see if the behavior you're talking about still persists;  there's been a "zillion" changes/modifications/fixes since your version.  Afterwards, be sure that after you apply any artwork priority changes that you also hit the "Rescan Artwork" button.

Phaedrus

I never seem to remember to update my signature.

Thanks! I totally blew by the "Rescan Artwork" button. That was what I forgot.

Still curious about only being able to save the first entry as an organized file in the Artwork manager, though.
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8447, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
293,621 Tracks, 18,393 Albums, 4461.93GB, 850d 12:20

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear

hiccup

Still curious about only being able to save the first entry as an organized file in the Artwork manager, though.

I don't think that is possible.
You could setup Album Art Downloader as an external tool.
It has lots of features for both finding, filtering and saving artwork.