Author Topic: Some Albums Not Being Identified In MusicBee  (Read 967 times)

mm

New user. I have created a new test library to learn more about Musicbee workings before diving in.

https://imgur.com/a/SnifQoU

The 3 albums are all in the same folder.

Only 2 of the 3 albums have been identified by Musicbee, presumably due to the info included in the tags.

https://imgur.com/a/hSkQaj5

What is the best/easiest way to correct this (as I am sure I will encounter this a lot).
Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 02:18:08 AM by mm

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, it looks like you have the album and album artist. I bet if you add those manually (you can do all tracks at once) and then try auto-tag by album, you'll probably find it then. Assuming it's in one of the databases MusicBee uses.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mm

When you say add the album manually, do I need to manually remove the one album that was not recognised first?

Can I ask what the manual adding procedure is please?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You don't need to remove anything. Select the files for ABC - Traffic and open the tag editor (right click, Edit or press Shift + Enter). Then you can type them in.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

captain_paranoia

Your files are missing metadata tags.

Since you seem to have well-formed filenames, you could also get MB to infer metadata from the filenames.

Select album.
Tools/Tagging Tools/Auto-Tag by Track/Infer and Update Tags from Filename

Use the template:

<Album Artist>-<Album>-<Track#>-<Title>
Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:23:57 AM by captain_paranoia

Zak

• Global Moderator
What is the best/easiest way to correct this (as I am sure I will encounter this a lot).
Not the answer you're looking for, but it might also be a good time to start a new project converting your .wav files to .flac.
Tag support for .wav files is a lot better than it used to be, but still nowhere near as robust as for .flac.

And you'll save a lot of disk space too!
Bee excellent to each other...