Author Topic: Album Art Question ?  (Read 1954 times)

Tommy

Hi.

I'm having some trouble displaying artwork the way I want.

I used to display embedded artwork only which means all my music files got embedded artwork with the same dimensions.

Now after getting a new laptop with a different screen resolution all the embedded artwork is too small.

The storage location for my music files has a subfolder for every album called Covers wich contains an artwork image 1000x1000 called Front.jpg and that's what I want to be used now, but MusicBee is overriding this and diplays the embedded artwork only.

This is how I configured Tags (1):

Can someone please give me a hand here to accomplish what I want ?

Thanks in advance,
Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 06:40:50 AM by Tommy
Tommy

hiccup

Have you used the Rescan Artwork button after changing the settings?

Just to be sure, you know that larger artwork will not result in the artwork in your screenshot getting bigger?

And, be aware that deselecting 'embedded' will not just disable it, but it will completely delete the embedded artwork.
So be very careful with that.

edit for posterity:
The last statement was incorrect/incomplete.
Deletion/replacement of your embedded artwork will only occur if after that you use the 'Search Internet for Pictures' feature.
Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 08:58:15 AM by hiccup

sveakul

And, be aware that deselecting 'embedded' will not just disable it, but it will completely delete the embedded artwork.

Yikes!  Was not aware of that.  When what seems like just a display option triggers a delete action, there should be some kind of warning dialog first.

Steven

• Administrator

Yikes!  Was not aware of that.  When what seems like just a display option triggers a delete action, there should be some kind of warning dialog first.
the embedded artwork will be excluded from being displayed, not physically deleted

hiccup

the embedded artwork will be excluded from being displayed, not physically deleted

Indeed, I stand corrected.
Embedded artwork will not be deleted by changing any setting there.

I was 'crying wolf' because I have lost some precious embedded artwork in the past, and it took me a while to understand why that had happened:

You will lose your embedded artwork as soon as you use the 'Search Internet for Picture' feature.
It will then be either overwritten, or it will be deleted.

So save that artwork first in case you don't want to lose it.

Steven

• Administrator
Search Internet for Artwork will replace the primary picture if there is already one, using its location properties

Tommy

....... thanks for all your replies.

I've got it worked out by now and the embedded artwork is not getting deleted after 'Rescan Artwork'.

In my case I had to delete the entry \Covers\ as specified subfoalder to scan for artwork, it was enough to just have the option 'include subfolders' ticked (see screenshot below).

BTW, I was referring to the artwork size for my custom .xml files 'TheaterMode.Embeded' showing in 'NOW PLAYING' and for my custom 'TheaterMode.List'

TheaterMode:

Now I only have to do some more editing on my .xml files for lyrics, biography and playlist and everything should be fine.

I'll post some screenshots when I'm done.

Thanks again to all of you .......
Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 06:43:06 AM by Tommy
Tommy

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
TheaterMode:
Now I only have to do some more editing on my .xml files for lyrics, biography and playlist and everything should be fine.
I'll post some screenshots when I'm done.

Cool TM design, looking forward to an official release!
Regards: Freddy (a big MB and TM fan)..
P.S Rare Bird - a great album!
Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 10:35:15 AM by Freddy Barker

Tommy

@ Freddy Barker

...... this was never meant to be published, I did this just for the few things I thought that I need - Glad you like it though.

Simplicity is Bliss.

I'll upload the necessary files here in this thread when I'm done.

Different screen resolutions can have an impact on how this shows up - I'm trying to get it fit on 1920 x 1080 right now and I'm getting to it - It's not rocket science - Sometimes it feels like it though ......

P.S.

This is for Steven or the forum moderators.

I've been noticed by e-mail of 2 replies to this thread, but they are not showing up.

One was from phred and the other one was from dragontattoo.

Just thought I'll let you know.
Tommy

Steven

• Administrator
I've been noticed by e-mail of 2 replies to this thread, but they are not showing up.
one spammer post and the reply to it were deleted

Tommy

...... alright, whatever - Still don't get it though.

BTW, hats off to Sreven - Best Music Software I've ever came across and I tried alot.
Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 05:06:45 PM by Tommy
Tommy

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
@ Freddy Barker

Different screen resolutions can have an impact on how this shows up - I'm trying to get it fit on 1920 x 1080 right now and I'm getting to it - It's not rocket science - Sometimes it feels like it though ......

1920 x 1080 res is good for most these days, and will do for me,  You may have already have seen this Theatre Mode thread, with tips and info about elements..

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=17.0

Freddy

hiccup

It means that a spambot posted something in your thread, then somebody called phred responded, and then both were deleted before you tried to read those posts.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

Emails can be because of a notification of replies to your thread or a private message - it's a forum thing!