Author Topic: right sidebar not always showing  (Read 1610 times)

BillH

I need some help.  I set MB up to show the right sidebar and to have it contain the lyrics.  This was working fine for about a week for both Music and all playlists.  Now today, when I go to a playlist and play a song it still shows the right sidebar with the lyrics.  When I go to Music and select an album and play a song, the right sidebar isn't there.  I double checked and it is still set to Show Panel.

Any ideas on why the right sidebar isn't showing in Music but is showing in playlists?  How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Bill
Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:42:21 PM by BillH

Anti

When you switch to a different 'node' (ie. music or playlist are two nodes), each node has it's own view set.

So your music node might display the 'album and tracks' view and your playlist node might display your 'album covers' view.

The sidebar is probably disappearing because the view you use for the music node has it set to hidden.

Try: select music node -> click 'album and tracks' at the top (or whatever view you're using) -> customise panel

At the bottom you will either see 'panel layout overrides' or 'click to set overrides for the configured musicbee layout'

In that section, see if the checkbox for 'hide right sidebar' is ticked. Unticking it will solve your problem.

If it is not set, then the problem is somewhere deeper.

[EDIT] I just noticed that there is also an over-ride for each tab too:
Hamburger menu (usually far upper-left) -> Arrange Panels -> 'Overrides for the current MusicBee tab' (bottom)
Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:25:40 PM by Anti

BillH

Thanks for the reply.  Those settings are already set to show the right sidebar, not to hide them.  

They were set this way and it was working fine for a few weeks and then the right sidebar just disappeared only in Music.  The right sidebar was showing fine in playlists.  I usually use playlists so I probably had not gone to Music for several days.  

I tried everything I could think of and couldn't get the right sidebar to re-appear.  So... I deleted the latest custom view that was having the problem and reverted to one from a couple weeks ago.  The right sidebar is displaying fine using that custom view.  I have no idea what happened, but it is working fine now.  I think the only thing I changed between the two custom view were which columns were displaying.

Thanks,
Bill

Anti