Author Topic: expanded functionality/customization options of music explorer  (Read 1683 times)

felipepe

Hi guys! Long-time Musicbee user here with a request for a feature!
I was trying to find a way to filter my tunes by specific criteria like genre, key, mood, etc. and I'm aware of the fact that filters exist. However, I find it pretty inconvenient to use. Nothing against it, but here is how I would see it improved.

I think about something similar to the music explorer with a bit more possibilities to customize. I would love to see the option to change the view in the middle/main section to a track view (as opposed to sticking with just album/artist view). Also would be great to make it work so that when no criteria from the left panel are selected, it would display all music from the library or certain directory. An ability to select multiple items would be also awesome. For example, in the left panel, I would open genres and select alt-rock and heavy metal and the middle panel will show all alt-rock and heavy metal songs in my library. Also, something like a ctrl-click for showing multi-genre songs (or song with multiple tags like mood etc.) would be awesome.
This section would be great for people that like to search for songs in a certain way.
Let me know what you guys think!
Best
Felipe

Zak

• Global Moderator
That sounds exactly like the functionality of the Column Browser.

If you don't have it, click the Configure Layout toolbar button (the little icon to the left of the search box) and enable it.
Bee excellent to each other...

felipepe

Took some time to figure it out, but got it eventually! Thank you very much!