Author Topic: Last.fm Scrobbler  (Read 10730 times)

pdl

Hi!

I'm fairly new to MusicBee, coming here after finally ditching MediaMonkey.

I noticed that MusicBee scrobbles artists based on the Display Artist tag, but that can be troublesome in my organization of the library.

For example, songs with multiple artists that should be scrobbled as belonging to only one of them. The display artist tag should show the multiple artists, because I want to see them when looking in the library explorer and not have to edit a track for that.

I think it would be interesting to have a secondary tag called Scrobble Artist or something like that, that would, by default be equal to Display Artist, but could be set to something different. Then the scrobbler would scrobble based on that tag.

Is it possible to modify the scrobbler plugin in order to achieve this?

frankz

If you want to see the list of all involved artists rather than Display Artist in your panels and library explorer, use the Artists field rather than Artist.  Artists shows everyone.

Steven

• Administrator
I think it would be interesting to have a secondary tag called Scrobble Artist or something like that, that would, by default be equal to Display Artist, but could be set to something different. Then the scrobbler would scrobble based on that tag.

no - the scrobbler is now built into MB and I am not willing to invest time in this request

pdl

no - the scrobbler is now built into MB and I am not willing to invest time in this request

Oh, maybe I wasn't clear. I wanted to know if it was possible for me to modify the plugin. In any case, thanks for the hard work Steven!

pdl

If you want to see the list of all involved artists rather than Display Artist in your panels and library explorer, use the Artists field rather than Artist.  Artists shows everyone.

Uh, I did not think of that. Thanks for the tip!

phred

• Global Moderator
I wanted to know if it was possible for me to modify the plugin.
It is no longer a plugin. As Steven said, it's now hard-coded into MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here