Author Topic: Sync Issues - Wired & WiFi  (Read 5108 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I understand. Trust me, it's a bit confusing for me right now also.

Yes, the FiiO was giving me problems early on with WiFi syncs, but at some point it was working well. When the current issue started, it was with the Samsung not being able to sync either wifi or wired. Then the FiiO started showing the same non-sync issues as the Samsung.

Over the past half hour while the FiiO syncs with errors on wifi, it completed a wired sync perfectly.

And the Samsung won't sync wifi or wired. Nothing in either error log.

You may be on to something about permissions on the FiiO. In the wifi sync settings I have the removable card selected and under it shows 'grant access.' I tap it and I'm taken to the root of the card and I tap select. Yet when I go back to settings, 'grant access' still show. On the Samsung, when I  first inserted the card and granted access, the option to 'grant access' no longer appears. So I assume access has been granted to the Samsung, but is not staying persistent on the FiiO. Is access only required for the wifi sync? Because the wired sync now works. Checking WiFi Sync in the FiiO's Settings > Apps, shows that it has permission to modify, delete, and read the contents of the SD card, along with full network access.

I understand that you can't put more time into this, and I accept that. At this point I'd really like to get the Samsung back to where it is able to sync. My preference is wifi, but I'd be happy to have it do a wired sync.

So as always, I thank you for your time, and leave it in your hands if you want to take a shot at getting the Samsung going again. And I'll promise not to mention the FiiO again.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
if the Samsung doesnt work with wired sync, and it has worked before, it seems like its got itself into some sort of invalid state. Did you try rebooting the device?
Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 05:00:06 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes I did reboot. Both the Samsung and the PC. Many times.

I'm now going to shut down the Samsung, pull the card, restart it and then try a sample wired sync to internal memory. If that works, then another sample via wifi. If those work, then put the card back in and keep my fingers crossed.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

Looking back at the thread, I can almost bet that the difficulty you're having with the card in the samsung is that MB previously recognizes it from having been in the FiiO and is getting caught up somehow in confusion between the two.

Looking at AppData/Roaming/MusicBee/ there are all kinds of usb*.mbl and usb*.dat files there that correspond to various devices and in the settings file are referenced to specific devices. 

Steven, is there any combination of these files he can delete or a settings file value he can modify that would allow MB to recognize the files that are already on the card but erase anything FiiO specific to let MB know that the card is now in the Samsung?

Just throwing things against the wall here.

Steven

• Administrator
Those files are just database file caches for each of the devices that have been synched. I cant say with certainty without actually recreating the situation but i dont think it should matter from MB's perspective if a card is moved to a different device

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks frankz and Steven.

I have now completed two test wired syncs to the Samsung's internal memory. I still can't WiFi its to internal memory. I pulled the card and inserted it to my PC's card reader and it shows up with all the music and playlists. It shows up in MB's devices, but it won't do a wired sync. Actually, it doesn't complete a preview. So I'm thinking it may indeed be something like what frankz says. And yes, this card was indeed in the errr... other player before moving it, with its files and playlists, to the Samsung.

I'm going to format the card and reinsert it in the Samsung and see what happens.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this, but formatting the card directly on the PC seems to have solved at least one issue. It is now doing a wired sync. This is going to take a while (27k+ tracks and 82 playlists) but when it's done I will change one playlist and do a wifi sync and will report back.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
After 2.5 hours the wired sync completed with errors. There are over two million lines in the error log so this is a severely edited version. There are 10,450 occurrences of the error shown below. If the device is indeed unreachable, then it is occurring intermittently since about 21k+ files did transfer, while no playlists did.
Code
7/21/2019 3:17:32 PM - The device is unreachable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070141)
7/21/2019 3:17:32 PM - Copy Z:\Sugarpie And The Candymen\Let It Swing\13 - Drive My Car.mp3 to SM-G950U\Card\Music\Sugarpie And The Candymen\Let It Swing\13 - Drive My Car.mp3
7/21/2019 3:17:32 PM - The device is unreachable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070141)
7/21/2019 3:17:32 PM - Copy Z:\Sugarpie And The Candymen\Let It Swing\2 - I Want To Hold Your Hand.mp3 to SM-G950U\Card\Music\Sugarpie And The Candymen\Let It Swing\2 - I Want to Hold Your Hand.mp3
It appears that after that first sync, the only way to sync again is to exit and restart MB, and reboot the Samsung. Sync number two has now started.

Gee ... things were so much simpler when I only kept a couple of playlists on the internal memory of the phone.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Every now and then things come to a successful conclusion. The second wired sync transferred the tracks that didn't transfer on the first sync. However, no matter what I did I couldn't get a wifi sync to work.

UNTIL! I uninstalled the wifi app and reinstalled it and now (or at least for the time being) everything is working as it was a couple of days ago. Wired works. WiFi works. The world works in mysterious ways.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Being the brave soul that I am, I decided to bring this to a happy conclusion by uninstalling the WiFi sync app from the music player that shall not be named. And now wired and wifi syncs are working correctly on it also.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
i dont see why re-installing should matter but glad its working

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Being the brave soul that I am, I decided to bring this to a happy conclusion by uninstalling the WiFi sync app from the music player that shall not be named. And now wired and wifi syncs are working correctly on it also.

I couldn't begin to try to explain why. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing before the WiFi App would play nice. I think that scenario is explained by IT people as "A computer thing" and worst case scenario would be a "PIBKAC" code  ;D

phred

• Global Moderator
i dont see why re-installing should matter but glad its working

I couldn't begin to try to explain why. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing before the WiFi App would play nice. I think that scenario is explained by IT people as "A computer thing" and worst case scenario would be a "PIBKAC" code  ;D
I agree with both of you. This whole adventure started when I deleted a few files from within GMMP. This was done on both devices. From that point until I un/reinstalled WiFi Sync, I couldn't get a sync to complete. Or in some cases, to even start.

But as Steven said, I'm glad it's working.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki