Author Topic: Sync Issues - Wired & WiFi  (Read 5065 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using MB 3.3.7138 P and WiFi 1.1 and GMMP 2.2.21.

A couple of days ago I took the already populated 400gb SD card from my FiiO X5 and put it in my Samsung S8. GMMP scanned it and all was well. As a test I changed a couple of playlists and added an album to my library and performed a one-way  sync PC > S8. All went well.

Yesterday I noticed in GMMP that a couple of albums on the S8 had duplicated tracks. I did a 'long press' on one of the tracks and then deleted it. Both tracks disappeared. I continued with the other four duplicates and had the same behavior. That let me to think the dupes were a GMMP database error.

Once the dupes were gone, I attempted a WiFi sync preview and after 20 minutes with nothing but the spinner, I force stopped and rebooted the phone. I then tried a wired sync preview and again, 20 minutes of nothing showing in MB. My expectation was that the four or five tracks I deleted would be found and re-synced.

Here's an error log entry from MB after the aborted wired sync.
Code
7/19/2019 10:33:28 PM - 10.0.14393.0 - 3.3.7138.38094 P - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700AA): The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)
   at PortableDeviceApiLib.IPortableDeviceResources.GetStream(String pszObjectID, _tagpropertykey& key, UInt32 dwMode, UInt32& pdwOptimalBufferSize, IStream& ppStream)
   at #=zqjjqbbyrr3_rfE9DEE0M$eM$9vlJ.#=zCpX4_hwStTmv(#=ztK6fuWmANfV0kXNGrQ== #=zbw$scCI=, FileOptions #=zmXHj9fE=)
   at #=zqjjqbbyrr3_rfE9DEE0M$eM$9vlJ.#=zk$CyK40FVkJJ(#=ztK6fuWmANfV0kXNGrQ== #=zbw$scCI=)
   at #=zPk9YryvM_FO6T49JmbbmU8M=.#=zk$CyK40FVkJJ(#=ztK6fuWmANfV0kXNGrQ== #=zbw$scCI=)
   at #=zmreoMZmWOUnbaexP$OtSTN4=.#=zr3qiiKI4Xs1t(#=zwh0H$8c= #=zhjj30PE=)
   at #=zmreoMZmWOUnbaexP$OtSTN4=.#=znhdt418=(TriState #=z92FjejdP1pd8)
   at #=zT1eIe8DekEL9hfNV1buaBBLyNS2K.#=qm3kF1kMc5_PDmcMZQErpWCGMbcwsO835Yifb2vUxasI=._Lambda$__0()

The "resource in use" I'm assuming is the WiFi aap. If so, I don't understand how that can be since I did a force stop and reboot.

Here's a few lines from the WiFi app's error log. There are about a hundred similar lines.
Code
2019-07-19: SM-G950U; 9; 1.1
21:43:45: scanPlaylists: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 12: ../Music/The Supremes/Greatest Hits/9 - Nothing But Heartaches.mp3
21:43:45: scanPlaylists: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 16: ../Music/Various Artists/Rockin' Bones- 1950's Punk & Rockabilly/1-3 - Baby Let's Play House.mp3
21:43:45: scanPlaylists: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 14: ../Music/Lloyd Price/Lloyd Price Various Tracks/1 - Lawdy Miss Clawdy.mp3
21:43:45: scanPlaylists: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 12: ../Music/The Beatles/Revolver/9 - And Your Bird Can Sing.mp3
21:43:45: scanPlaylists: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 12: ../Music/Bob Newhart/The Button-Down Mind Of Bob Newhart/6 - Nobody Will Ever Play Baseball.mp3
21:43:45: scanPlaylists: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 16: ../Music/Various Artists/Glass Onion - Songs Of The Beatles/1 - Glass Onion.mp3
21:43:45: scanPlaylists: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 16: ../Music/Various Artists/Atlantic R&B/2-22 - After The Lights Go Down Low.mp3
21:43:45: scanPlaylists: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 12: ../Music/The Allman Brothers Band/An Evening With The Allman Brothers Band- 2nd Set/4 - Back Where it All Begins.mp3

Before I reformat the card and start all over with a wired sync, I wonder if you can tell what's going on here?

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yesterday I noticed in GMMP that a couple of albums on the S8 had duplicated tracks. I did a 'long press' on one of the tracks and then deleted it. Both tracks disappeared. I continued with the other four duplicates and had the same behavior. That let me to think the dupes were a GMMP database error.

I've also noticed this since starting to do the wifi sync. Weirdly, the duplicate tracks always have a dash instead of time or anything. And same result, if I remove one they all disappear. Maybe we should take that one up with GMMP.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Well that's somewhat encouraging. For the record, I never noticed this when syncing to the FiiO.

I just happened to register on the GMMP forum yesterday so that I could post a wishlist request for something that already exists. <sigh>

I can post something over there shortly about the dupes. Perhaps you'll have more details that I have.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
just in regards to the playlist error only for wifi sync, i dont see any reason for it to fail but there is another way to do it so could you try this version:
v1.1.1
https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

if it doesnt fix it, there is one more thing i can do

phred

• Global Moderator
I can post something over there shortly about the dupes. Perhaps you'll have more details that I have.
Pyschoadept: http://gonemadmusicplayer.proboards.com/thread/1031/mysterious-duplicates

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
just in regards to the playlist error only for wifi sync, i dont see any reason for it to fail but there is another way to do it so could you try this version:
v1.1.1

if it doesnt fix it, there is one more thing i can do
Closing in on ten minutes with the progress wheel still spinning. I haven't cancelled it yet, but could the long amount of time have anything to do with 30k+tracks and/or 80+ playlists? And that MB needs to 'rebuild' its sync index?

I'll keep it going for another ten minutes before I cancel.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
After a total of thirty minutes, I had to force stop the wifi syn. It did nothing but spin 'round and 'round. Nothing new in either error log.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven- I rec'd the following from the GMMP developer in response to the duplicates issue I mentioned in this thread and that psychoadept confirmed...
so on android a single file can be represented via multiple file names. GMMP's database will use whatever folders are set in the scanner, but they can be represented under another filename. That is the only way to get duplicates in GMMP
example:
/sdcard/Music and /storage/emulated/0/Music represent the same folder. GMMP's backup file will contain the exact path that is used in gmmp's database, so the MB dev could use that as reference for what paths to use
android.stackexchange.com/questions/205430/what-is-storage-emulated-0
The storage path I'm using on the Samsung is SM-G950U\Card\ and the music path is Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> - <Title>

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
If you are using wired sync, MB doesnt have any control over the actual path that is used. In my testing for wireless sync, i believe the wifi sync app is using the same naming convention as for wired sync - at least on my devices. Certainly if you only used one method of sync then I dont see how you would get a mixture of paths used for the same file.
Have you only synched files using MB (and not windows explorer or some other app?)

phred

• Global Moderator
There is only one entry under Device Preferences for the S8. So it's using the same path for both wired and WiFi. The only syncing I have ever done has been with MB. And I agree that, at least with my situation, the dupes can't be due to their being two paths.

At this point I'm more concerned with not be able to sync at all, rather than having the few dupes that I discovered yesterday. Be it wired or wifi, when I start the preview it never completes. On a wifi preview it didn't complete after thirty minutes. With a wired preview I gave up after twenty minutes.

In your first post in this thread you said if v1.1.1 didn't work (and it didn't) there was one more thing you could try. So I'm ready for that when you can get to it. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to wipe the card and try a fresh sync on a blank card. And hope that it works.
Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:53:44 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
can you run this version and enable debug mode in the Settings as well
v1.1.2

it should log the info i need in the error log

phred

• Global Moderator
can you run this version and enable debug mode in the Settings as well
Just to make sure the no sync issue wasn't something on the MB side, I fired up the FiiO which is still running 1.0.1 and it completed the preview in less than thirty seconds.

Then I installed 1.1.2 on the S8, enabled logging and selected preview. After five minutes of looking at the spinner, I backed out of it. Perhaps I should let it run longer as the error log only shows minimal info:
Code
2019-07-21: SM-G950U; 9; 1.1.2
08:03:08: startSync: preview=true,iteration=0

But then I noticed in the main window that while 'sync from computer' is enabled, 'from player' has GoneMad checked. And there's no way to uncheck it. I can toggle between GoneMad and PowerAmp, but can't have both unchecked. I understand that 'from player' shouldn't come into this if 'sync from computer' is enabled, but perhaps this has something to do with it why it's not completing the preview.
Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 01:25:22 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
the app wont try and reverse sync from gonemad with those settings.
is there anything in the musicbee error log?

phred

• Global Moderator
Just to make sure the no sync issue wasn't something on the MB side, I fired up the FiiO which is still running 1.0.1 and it completed the preview in less than thirty seconds.
I spoke too soon about this. The preview on the FiiO completes, but when doing the actual sync there are errors. Unfortunately the FiiO isn't letting me paste the clipboard to a text file. Here are two screen shots showing the errors.

From MB's error log I see the first six lines with i/o errors, and then at the bottom all the playlists also have i/o errors. But seemingly everything in between transfers okay. This is from the FiiO. The Samsung still only shows the spinning progress indicator after fifteen-plus minutes, so I canceled it.
Code
7/21/2019 10:04:29 AM - Delete "T:\Music\Grateful Dead\New Year's Eve In Oakland\1-6 - Ramble on Rose.mp3" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:04:29 AM - Delete "T:\Music\Grateful Dead\New Year's Eve 1991 Oakland\1-6 - West La Fadeaway.mp3" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:04:29 AM - Delete "T:\Music\Grateful Dead\Fillmore East May 1970 Early & Late Shows\4-13 - Turn On Your Lovelight.mp3" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:04:29 AM - Delete "T:\Music\Grateful Dead\Atlanta 1991\4 - Trucking.mp3" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:04:29 AM - Delete "T:\Music\Bob Dylan And The Band\Late Show At The Boston Garden 1974\1-4 - Rainy Day Women.mp3" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:04:29 AM - Delete "T:\Music\Phil Lesh & Friends\Newark 2005 First Night\2-8 - Trucking  .mp3" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:04:29 AM - Copy Z:\Grateful Dead\New Year's Eve 1982 Oakland\2-1 - Midnight Madness.mp3 to T:\Music\Grateful Dead\New Year's Eve 1982 Oakland\2-1 - Midnight Madness.mp3
7/21/2019 10:04:29 AM - Copy Z:\Grateful Dead\New Year's Eve 1982 Oakland\1-3 - Cumberland Blues.mp3 to T:\Music\Grateful Dead\New Year's Eve 1982 Oakland\1-3 - Cumberland Blues.mp3
7/21/2019 10:04:29 AM - Copy Z:\Grateful Dead\New Year's Eve 1982 Oakland\1-1 - Cold Rain and Snow.mp3 to T:\Music\Grateful Dead\New Year's Eve 1982 Oakland\1-1 - Cold Rain and Snow.mp3
7/21/2019 10:04:30 AM - Copy Z:\Grateful Dead\New Year's Eve 1982 Oakland\2-4 - Man Smart (Woman Smarter).mp3 to T:\Music\Grateful Dead\New Year's Eve 1982 Oakland\2-4 - Man Smart (Woman Smarter).mp3

---deleted for brevity---

7/21/2019 10:05:02 AM - Copy Z:\Grateful Dead\Eugene OR 1987\3-11 - Ballad of a Thin Man.mp3 to T:\Music\Grateful Dead\Eugene OR 1987\3-11 - Ballad of a Thin Man.mp3
7/21/2019 10:05:03 AM - Copy Z:\Grateful Dead\Eugene OR 1987\3-12 - Highway 61 Revisited.mp3 to T:\Music\Grateful Dead\Eugene OR 1987\3-12 - Highway 61 Revisited.mp3
7/21/2019 10:05:03 AM - Copy Z:\Grateful Dead\Eugene OR 1987\3-13 - Tangled Up in Blue.mp3 to T:\Music\Grateful Dead\Eugene OR 1987\3-13 - Tangled Up in Blue.mp3
7/21/2019 10:05:03 AM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\Zumba.mbp" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:05:03 AM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow.xautopf" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:05:03 AM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\Yes & No.xautopf" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:05:03 AM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\Wishing & Hoping.xautopf" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:05:04 AM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\Will & Won't.xautopf" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:05:04 AM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\Weather.xautopf" I/O error occurred.

---deleted for brevity---

7/21/2019 10:05:14 AM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\Animals.xautopf" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:05:14 AM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\Anatomy of a Song.mbp" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:05:14 AM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\All Work & Some Play.xautopf" I/O error occurred.
7/21/2019 10:05:15 AM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\All or Nothing.xautopf" I/O error occurred.
Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 03:22:53 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
sorry phred but i dont think i can help with this one. It is a little confusing what you are doing because one moment you mention the Samsung and then you talk about the FiiO - isnt that the device that you have had problems with before?
With the FiiO it looks like its a permissioning issue, so you could try resetting the sync app's storage permissions