Author Topic: Autoplaylist for highest values of a tag?  (Read 1095 times)

antwan2009

Hi everyone. I'm trying - and failing - to create an autoplaylist based on the highest values of a given tag.

I have created an Auto Library Report for total album plays, which successfully creates a tag for each track, giving the total overall playcount for the album it belongs to. I'm now trying to create an autoplaylist that effectively gives my Top 50 most-played albums, using this tag, but not having much luck. Is there any way to use this custom tag (Total Album Plays) to do so? I'm struggling to do so using the rules in the autoplaylist generator.

I think my the most logical thing would be to limit by 50 albums, selected by Total Album Plays descending - however, I can't seem an option to modify this!
Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:13:29 PM by antwan2009

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You might be able to do something like "most played" and "select by album". That would get closer, but it would still ultimately be track-based rather than using the album total.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

antwan2009

You might be able to do something like "most played" and "select by album". That would get closer, but it would still ultimately be track-based rather than using the album total.

This is the case - I don't suppose there's any way to get Musicbee to read the custom tag as the track play in this instance...?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, that most played/least played setting doesn't work with custom tags. You MIGHT be able to orchestrate something with the math functions in the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin, if you get creative
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)