Author Topic: Help with more complex functions for nameing templates  (Read 532 times)

Vesha

I'm not a computer programmer could someone show a plug and play example of how to use more complex functions then just one "if this then that" in one script?

example: I need <if this do this if not do nothing> then <if this do this if not nothing ,but also do nothing if the first one was true> then <do this if neither of the first two was true> and so on..

What I mean is I'd like more complex rules all rolled into one script for organizing files, whenever I try it doesn't work.

The functions help page only shows examples of how to do one thing or the other ,but not string them together in a more complex way.

example : $If($Or($Contains(<Album Artist>,"Various Artists")="T"),($Contains(<Release Type>,"soundtrack")="T"),T,F) didn't seem to work.

I'm looking to put my compilation albums in one type of file structure, soundtracks in another type, and all other alums in another file type ,but have this all done in one script. I can get them to work separately ,just not together.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Honestly, if you can use genre and/or album artist to distinguish your soundtracks and compilations, that will make your life a lot easier because you can use exceptions instead of one huge script. Also, I've found that using virtual tags to handle different parts of it (artist, album, title, etc) has helped to keep it from being unwieldy.

But if you'll describe in detail what you want, I'll take a stab at it.
Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:01:48 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

example : $If($Or($Contains(<Album Artist>,"Various Artists")="T"),($Contains(<Release Type>,"soundtrack")="T"),T,F) didn't seem to work.

That could be a bracketing problem. Does this work?:

$If($Or($Contains(<Album Artist>,"Various Artists")="T",$Contains(<Release Type>,"soundtrack")="T"),T,F)