Author Topic: Organize skips moving files  (Read 633 times)

cshannon1077

After fighting iTunes for years, and trying other music programs, I finally found Music Bee.
I almost reinstalled iTunes a couple weeks ago after finally getting everything Apple removed to accomplish that.
Then I heard the news story Apple dropped iTunes support.
I decided I'd had such great luck with MB that I'd stick with it.

After updating to the latest MB version, I decided to try organize from Preferences.
I'm not sure of the processes you have running, but after I started it, I realized it was going to move all my files, so I decided to cancel since it wouldn't let me unselect files after the Organize started.
When I did a second organize, I unselected the Studio folder I didn't want moved/touched.
While it was finishing copying, I started checking some of the moved files.
Many of the albums I check were missing tracks 6-9 or in that neighborhood.
I went back to the old iTunes folders and moved some manually, but I started thinking this may be a bug after every folder I check usually had 3-5 tracks missing in that range.
No error message, just found missing files.
When I look at the Organize list there is also files that show a status of "No Music Rule for C:" when there are clear default rules defined at the top. I don't seem to be able to attach a file showing the screen.
I have not checked all my files (as I jumped from 13K iTunes files to 49K MB files after it scanned my PC for more music. I have two back up disks attached which is where the explosion came from.
I sincerely doubt the copy/move process Organize does, jumps around between all albums track "x", then all albums track "y".
More likely it does all tracks one album at a time.
Your thoughts?
Thanks.
And thanks for a great program!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

This may help with the screenshots: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots

I think those will be very helpful in this case. That "no Music rule for C:" message does seem odd, from what you're describing.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)