Author Topic: sorting  (Read 1326 times)

t8210ws

How do I sort my library, first by artist (descending order) and all the titles by the artist in descending)?  I ask this a couple years ago but forgot how to do it.

frankz

Edit->Edit Preferences->Sorting/Grouping.  Then choose that custom sort in your library view.

t8210ws

Doing something wrong, I tried what you said and it didn't work.  Can you walk me thru in baby language?

frankz

??

Edit->Edit Preferences->Sorting/Grouping, then under sorting click [...] next to one of the 8 slots

In the first field of the next box, Select artist at the left, then descending at the right
In the second field of that box, select title at the left, then descending at the right

Click Save on both

Then, in Tracks view, Click the word "Tracks" and on the drop-down that comes down go to Sort by and then choose what you just made as the option.

You should do some reading here: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/MusicBee_Wiki

You can also accomplish this by clicking the Artist header until it's sorted the way you want it and then ctrl+clicking the Title header until it's sorted the way you want it, but the above steps make it a selectable option.
Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 12:47:44 AM by frankz

t8210ws

How do I sort artist (descending order) and sort all the songs of the artist in descending?  I use to know but forgot.

hiccup

How do I sort artist (descending order) and sort all the songs of the artist in descending?  I use to know but forgot.

Assuming you are talking about Tracks view in the main panel; first click the header 'Artist', then while keeping [Ctrl] pressed click the header 'Title'.