Author Topic: Right Click play Music files over network doesnt work  (Read 1164 times)

Appie Thrasher

Hi All,

Maybe someone got a clue how to solve this..

If I right click on a music file on my nas server it wont play in MB. MB opens up but cant seem to find the file.
I have added the dir on my nas as a shared network file and in computer at the left it shows up fine, also if I chose the file that way it plays fine also.

I tried it with VLC and than it works fine, so I think it is not a rights thingy...

Any help would be fine I am lost here..

TIA

Appie

captain_paranoia

You're trying to use MB as a media player, via File Explorer, rather than running MB as an application, right?

I'm not sure which method you're saying works, and which doesn't.

It's more usual to run MB as an application, and add tracks to the playlist, or use auto-playlusts, or auto-dj

Appie Thrasher

You're trying to use MB as a media player, via File Explorer, rather than running MB as an application, right?

To be honeset I use it both ways, I have all my vinyl, cd, tapes and other music ripped and use it with MB as the application. So with a big libary on my PC ( and backup on NAS) this works great.

I'm not sure which method you're saying works, and which doesn't.

It's more usual to run MB as an application, and add tracks to the playlist, or use auto-playlusts, or auto-dj

I do search the www a lot to find other music I like and download that onto the nas server on a separate shared directory, and listen to that if I like it, if its a decant rip etc, and before I ad the tags Cover picture etc and upload this to the MB library directory.
This I always did with: right click the directory and let it play through MB. But now a days it wont load the files anymore in to MB.

Hopefully I made my self clear this time around..

Anyway THANKS for trying to help me ..

Appie