Author Topic: using [edited: bitrate] or type when flagging duplicate files  (Read 1595 times)

bruno965

First of all, congratulations on coding this amazing program!

My music library contains FLAC and MP3 versions of the same tracks so I can load music on to my Ipod which of course doesn't play FLAC files. If the files are high bit rate MP3, I sometimes make lower bit rate versions to load on the Ipod so I can fit more music on it.

I recently moved my library and did a rescan optioning to move duplicate files into the inbox. I noticed that MusicBee flags files as duplicate even if one is FLAC and the other is MP3 or one is low bit rate and the other is high bit rate.

It would be great if Musicbee could not flag files as duplicates in these two scenarios or at least provide more info when I hover over the "i" next to the duplicate track to let me know it is a different bit rate or file format. I then wouldn't need to toggle between the inbox-Library to detemine if it a true duplicate or just a different type/size.
Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:19:50 AM by psychoadept

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
File size is an option for filtering duplicates, if you look in the list of available fields for the duplicate manager.

However, I don't see an option to filter on bitrate, which is what I'd prefer. File size can vary based on tags and artwork storage settings.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)