Author Topic: Adding a 'Show Artwork' entry in the rest of artwork context menus  (Read 1283 times)

Galious

I often want to enlarge an album artwork, either for the currently playing track or from the library, but depending on the current view it is not always possible.

The 'Show Artwork' entry is in the context menu from the 'Album and Tracks' view, but I could not find other ways to access it.
I think it should be useful to include it in all artwork context menus.

Here are the places where I think it could be added :

hiccup

Would creating a shortcut key combination and/or toolbar icon for 'View: Show Artwork' work for you?

(there is a limitation though that when no track is selected, yet one is playing, it won't understand that you want to see the artwork for the track playing)

Galious

When browsing the library while listening to music, there are album artworks all other the place, as seen in the screenshots.
This is why I think it would be more logical to just right-click on the artwork one wishes to enlarge.
Also, it has already been implemented this way for the Album and Tracks view.
I think adding an additional entry in the context menus would be the simplest way to implement it and the simplest to discover as a user.

Thanks for your suggestion, it would be a bit quicker, but one would have to remember the shortcut (and I am not very good at this).

sveakul

FYI if you double-click the album art in the Track Information view, it will show at original size.  That said, I agree it would be nice to have one consistent way of being able to do that for any artwork view so a +1 for that.