Author Topic: How sort playlist  (Read 4030 times)

Babydoll32

Sorry, I've had a very distracting week. But this virtual tag works for me to sort it the way you describe:

Code
$If(<Play Count>=0,0000-00-00,$Date(<Last Played>,yyyy-MM-dd))

Does nearly exactly what I want. Thanks a lot! Just sorting by new added didn't work right. But I can live with it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think if you put Date Added as the second level sorting, that would take care of it. Then the 0 play count items will be sorted by date added
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think this might do what you want without using tags, because you can hold Ctrl when clicking on a column header to sort by multiple columns.

In Tracks view with the Last Played and Date Added columns displayed:

1. Click the Last Played heading to show tracks that have never been played first.
2. Hold down Ctrl and click the Date Added heading to then show newer tracks first.

Last Played will show as Unknown if a track has never been played.

Newer tracks that haven't been played will be at the top of the list, and among those, tracks that were added longer ago are displayed first.

In Mediamonkey it's working flawless. It lists recently added as first and then it sorts the other songs by Last played.
I've flipped it around to sort on the last played date first. Otherwise, a newer track that has been played will show above an older track that hasn't, and I think that goes against what you want.

If you still can't get it quite right, it may help to include a screenshot of how you had it set up in Media Monkey. I don't use Media Monkey but just seeing the configuration may help to come up with an equivalent for MusicBee.

Now my head hurts...
Bee excellent to each other...

Babydoll32

I think this might do what you want without using tags, because you can hold Ctrl when clicking on a column header to sort by multiple columns.

In Tracks view with the Last Played and Date Added columns displayed:

1. Click the Last Played heading to show tracks that have never been played first.
2. Hold down Ctrl and click the Date Added heading to then show newer tracks first.

Last Played will show as Unknown if a track has never been played.

Newer tracks that haven't been played will be at the top of the list, and among those, tracks that were added longer ago are displayed first.

In Mediamonkey it's working flawless. It lists recently added as first and then it sorts the other songs by Last played.
I've flipped it around to sort on the last played date first. Otherwise, a newer track that has been played will show above an older track that hasn't, and I think that goes against what you want.

Tested yet and it seems, that's exactly what I wanted. Thanks a lot! But also thanks to all other members for help!

Babydoll32

Tested now with a few playlists and it's exactly how I wanted. I don't have much time to spend, find out all great features Steven implemented. So thanks a lot for help!