Author Topic: Orphan tracks?  (Read 1026 times)

gobshite

Just installed music bee on my old Windows laptop and so far so good at updating meta tags, but my only problem is with orphan tracks that seem to fall outside of the main CD, I have managed to find the folder view and on Windows media player I would just drag the orphan track drop it with the rest of the album tracks and it's re tagged with the proper album name, struggling to do that with musicbee, any thoughts how 2 get orphan tracks back in with the main album?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Just installed music bee on my old Windows laptop and so far so good at updating meta tags, but my only problem is with orphan tracks that seem to fall outside of the main CD, I have managed to find the folder view and on Windows media player I would just drag the orphan track drop it with the rest of the album tracks and it's re tagged with the proper album name, struggling to do that with musicbee, any thoughts how 2 get orphan tracks back in with the main album?

Try adding them using this old add new tracks method...

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29073.msg161902#msg161902
Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 02:47:07 PM by Freddy Barker

gobshite

This is not quite the same because the tracks are already in the library, just tagged with the wrong cd so I end up with 2 CDs, one with al but one tracks, and the other just has one track. this must happen all the time because I've only been using it for 10 minutes and it's happened dozens the times for me so there must be an actual solution for putting two albums together with Windows media player you just drag one album and drop it on another and it duplicates the tags and puts them both together. Just wondering how musicbee handled the same situation

hiccup

What defines an album in your setup?
Do you know what causes it that you have dozens of orphan tracks in the first place?

frankz

This is not quite the same because the tracks are already in the library, just tagged with the wrong cd so I end up with 2 CDs, one with al but one tracks, and the other just has one track. this must happen all the time because I've only been using it for 10 minutes and it's happened dozens the times for me so there must be an actual solution for putting two albums together with Windows media player you just drag one album and drop it on another and it duplicates the tags and puts them both together. Just wondering how musicbee handled the same situation
Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(2)...re-tag files when dropped on an album cover or column browser

Then drag the orphan files onto the correct album cover or the album in the column browser.

Why do you have so many orphan tracks if WMP was so ace at tagging them, though?  You could probably improve your initial tagging process to avoid the situation going forward.

phred

• Global Moderator
Check the Album Artist and the Album Title tags to see if there's an inconsistency between the orphan and its siblings.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

gobshite

that sounds like just the setting I want and the reason I've got so many split albums is since using music BR3 tagged a lot of albums and I just chose the first album which in a lot of cases was not the correct one

Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(2)...re-tag files when dropped on an album cover or column browser

Then drag the orphan files onto the correct album cover or the album in the column browser.

Why do you have so many orphan tracks if WMP was so ace at tagging them, though?  You could probably improve your initial tagging process to avoid the situation going forward.