Author Topic: Now playing on the radio  (Read 976 times)

JMW

Hi,

I am very new to MusicBee and have found it a revelation after using the useless iTunes for far too long.  My Library never crashes now so thank you for developing this.

My problem:-

I listen to streamed radio whilst studying.  Rather than interrupting this each time a new track is played, I would like to write to a file, the tracks played (Artist, track, timestamp so I know when it was played).  I cannot work out how to list the tracks that have been played using the plugin (NowPlayingToExternalFiles).  This seems to overwrite the line added to the text file rather than add a line to the end of the file.

Has anyone else had and overcome this issue?  I hope so!!

Many Thanks for any responses in advance, and thank you Steven Mayall for developing a great, reliable music player!

JMW

frankz

One way I can think of will take a couple steps if a text file is the main goal:

1. Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(2)-> and set 'send to clipboard' tags to <Artist> - <Title> - <LastPlayed>
2. Open the left pane by mousing over (if it's set to auto-hide) and select the "History" setting

All of your MB history, including tracks from Radio (assuming the station sends track info) is there.

3. Select the time period in question
4. Right Click->Send To->Clipboard
5. Paste into text editor

Of course, if you just want to see what's been played rather than saving it to a text file, #2 will do that.

JMW

Hi,

So sorry but did not realise you replied.  Thanks for the workaround..  This has worked fine so I think I will uninstall the add-on.

Cheers
JMW