Author Topic: Help with updating album art  (Read 5254 times)

Steve2526

New to MB and love how I've been able to reorganize my music files, with one problem that I can't find a solution to.

I've been trying to update the album art by right clicking on each individual album and finding the cover art online.  When I apply it to the album it also adds the same cover to every album in my library.

I found instructions for Tag1 and have it set to 'embed picture in the music file' and 'copy to the same folder as the music file and name as:'

Two questions --- 1) is there a way to do a bulk update of all album art?
                          2) if not, how do I prevent each album cover from overwriting the rest of the albums in my library?

Cheers!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

The simplest solution to the problem is to disable the "copy to folder" setting. If your library is not organized as one folder per album, saving art to the folder will cause this problem.

Also make sure that embedded is the top (if not only) option of which artwork to display (also found in Tags (1)). Then rescan your library using the button on the artwork retrieval dialogue. That will probably clear it up.

For bulk update, right click and go to the auto-tag by track menu.
Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:42:17 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator

Steve2526

Thanks for the replies.

I have just about all of the albums and artists properly tagged.  I kept getting messages that the artwork was corrupted or missing, so I deleted and auto-tagged each album.

Have a new issue though.  I have several songs in mp3 and a couple in mp4 that play in MB, but are not showing up on the lists for artists and albums, even though they are in my music folder.

I notice that all the ones that show in MB are locked in the file folder and the ones in question are not.   :'(