Author Topic: The volume bar shouldn't be hidden!  (Read 2343 times)

electro

Sadly the latest MB update came with an annoyance: the volume bar is hidden behind an icon. That control is very used and clicking on that number every time I need to change the volume is so annoying. Please add an option to make the volume bar always visible.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I believe that happens when the player bar is too narrow. What happens if you make it wider?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sveakul

...clicking on that number every time I need to change the volume is so annoying. Please add an option to make the volume bar always visible.

In addition to psychoadept's suggestion, can't you just mouse over the player control bar/volume icon and control the volume with the mouse wheel up/down?  No "click" needed; the number will sync to match the wheel.   I never went back to a "slider" after I realized how easy/faster that was.  May possibly be skin-dependent, but I haven't used a stock skin it didn't work with.
Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:15:54 AM by sveakul

electro

...clicking on that number every time I need to change the volume is so annoying. Please add an option to make the volume bar always visible.

In addition to psychoadept's suggestion, can't you just mouse over the player control bar/volume icon and control the volume with the mouse wheel up/down?  No "click" needed; the number will sync to match the wheel.   I never went back to a "slider" after I realized how easy/faster that was.  May possibly be skin-dependent, but I haven't used a stock skin it didn't work with.
I know that but I want the bar to be always visible in order to set the volume right away without going through all steps. It's much easier and more efficient to simply click where the volume must be than to rotate the mouse wheel until you get the right volume.