Author Topic: Taskbar Player Contents' Size/ Scaling  (Read 1517 times)

ElGoob

I just updated to the latest version to fix a scaling issue with the title bar--which it did, but now the scaling is off inside the taskbar player. The text for the track info is too big and overlaps itself, however the player controls still seem ok. It's obviously not a big deal, but here's a heads up just the same.

I don't post much because I almost never have a problem so I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone responsible for this incredible program I've been loving for years.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
Are you saying it worked correctly in a previous MB version, and what was that version?
Are you willing to run a debug version?

ElGoob

I'm about 75% sure it worked in the previous version (one of the later 3.2's), but I'm 100% sure it worked in the one I had before that. Unfortunately, that was at least a few years old so I couldn't even guess the version number.

What would the debug process entail? I'd like to help, but I'm not exactly well qualified.

Steven

• Administrator
What would the debug process entail? I'd like to help, but I'm not exactly well qualified.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0002yj8ac00s86d/MusicBeeDebugTakbar.zip/file
unzip and replace the existing musicbee.exe file

after displaying the taskbar player, send me the information at the end of the error log (last 2 lines)
help/ support/ view error log

ElGoob

7/14/2019 7:16:46 PM - size={Width=500, Height=281},source bitmap=240,240,display=240,font=[Font: Name=Segoe UI, Size=8.25, Units=3, GdiCharSet=1, GdiVerticalFont=False],height=37

There it is, and it looks right now. The font seems kind of small, but maybe it was always that way. I put the original .exe back in, and it looks right also. Soooooo, I don't know what happened. Cool, I guess? Is the error log info useful at all, or is it just saying everything is displaying properly?

Thanks either way, but I'm curious to know what the deal was.

Steven

• Administrator
I didn't change anything functionality wise.
You should replace the musicbee.exe from the latest patch version
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

edit:
do you have 2 monitors and do they have different resolutions?
Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:49:12 PM by Steven

ElGoob

I replaced the .exe with the patched version you linked, and the situation is the same as in the first screenshot. If i revert to either the previous version or the debug version the taskbar is a new kind of wrong:

I only have one monitor running at native resolution (4k), and the Windows scaling is set to 250%. I also have the option ticked under "Advanced Scaling Settings" to "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry" if that's important.

Edit: All three versions are actually displaying the same symptoms, it just depends where on the taskbar MusicBee is. If it's located on the left third or so it displays as the first screenshot, if it's near the middle it's the second screenshot, and if there are a lot of tabs open already and it's pushed to the right side of the taskbar it shows a blank box with only the player controls. This is all consistent.

Edit again: A reset fixed the problem. I've been playing Bloodborne on my PS4, which only runs at 1080p, on the same TV as my PC while it's also running. I think when I switch the input on my receiver back to my PC, that signal swap might be the problem. It's just odd because I haven't seen it causing problems for anything else so far.

If any of this is interesting I can look into it further, but it seems this might just be a problem with my specific setup.
Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:37:18 AM by ElGoob

Steven

• Administrator
i dont think i can help further with this issue and will leave it unsolved